http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/stradbroke_m ... _1_1456568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AN MP last night criticised postal bosses for closing a village post office “under the radar”.
The service in Stradbroke was stopped earlier this month - without any warning or consultation with members of the public.
Local MP Dan Poluter said he had serious concerns about the way the closure was handled and will be meeting with bosses from Post Office Ltd to ensure the service is not lost for good.
“I’m very concerned,” he said. “It seems this has come through completely under the radar without any warning or consultation.
“Services such as a post office - along with a village pub and store - are the life blood of any rural community. I will be fighting hard to ensure that it is not lost in Stradbroke. It’s very distressing - especially for the elderly and those without any mode of transport. I have written to Post Office Ltd and I will be meeting with representatives to see where we go from here.” Carol Smy, clerk to Stradbroke Parish Council, echoed Dr Poluter’s concerns and said they would now be keeping a close eye on the situation to ensure the service was not lost.
A Post Office spokeswoman said the service has closed temporarily for “operational” reasons. She apologised for the inconvenience and assured they were working to resume a service in Stradbroke as soon as possible.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stradbroke: MP concerned over 'under the radar' post office
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Stradbroke: MP concerned over 'under the radar' post office
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.