Even a tenner wouldn't have swayed me B - looking at the photo the old dear was even uglier - I was so mesmerised by the squalor I forgot to ask if she had a grandaughter, she looked about 90 so a daughter would have been about 70...........better make that great grandaughter.Baggaz wrote:Lounge Lizard,
Tut, tut, current CWU guidelines would suggest that a crisp tenner is more in keeping with the current economic climate
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
-
Baggaz
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 20 Sep 2011, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Sorry fellah, but your statement contravenes RM diversity policy on the grounds that your comments are ageist.
Kindly rescind,
Yours disgusted,
baggaz
Kindly rescind,
Yours disgusted,
baggaz
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Baggaz wrote:Sorry fellah, but your statement contravenes RM diversity policy on the grounds that your comments are ageist.
Kindly rescind,
Yours disgusted,
baggaz
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Would that be before or after your fag break?alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Providing you aren't taking it in the vehicle you mean?Straight4ward wrote:Would that be before or after your fag break?alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
I have already previously cleaned the inside of 2 vans in my own time, using cleaning products I've bought with my own money, I've also had a go at the DOM about it only to get the time honoured '' I'll look into it''dvbuk55 wrote:If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Actually you're wrong, if I see something that needs cleaning or tidying I do it - not whinge about it on a forum.wacko74 wrote:I have already previously cleaned the inside of 2 vans in my own time, using cleaning products I've bought with my own money, I've also had a go at the DOM about it only to get the time honoured '' I'll look into it''dvbuk55 wrote:If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
There are two separate issues here...whether a van should be kept neat,tidy and reasonably clean which i don't think anyone is arguing with or whether Royal Mail are responsible for deep cleaning and disinfecting vehicles on a daily basis which seems to be what the OP was suggesting and which in my opinion given the level of hygiene people have to deal with in their normal course of work is obviously ridiculous.wacko74 wrote:You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Those who suggest Royal Mail are responsible for deep cleaning and disinfecting vehicles on a daily basis are as bad as those who avoid public telephone kiosks because BT fail in their duty to disinfect the handset after each call.fishtank wrote:There are two separate issues here...whether a van should be kept neat,tidy and reasonably clean which i don't think anyone is arguing with or whether Royal Mail are responsible for deep cleaning and disinfecting vehicles on a daily basis which seems to be what the OP was suggesting and which in my opinion given the level of hygiene people have to deal with in their normal course of work is obviously ridiculous.wacko74 wrote:You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
Most hygiene experts think that our environment is too clean and that leaves us open to infection - the idea being that a little bit of muck does us no harm.Lounge Lizard wrote:Those who suggest Royal Mail are responsible for deep cleaning and disinfecting vehicles on a daily basis are as bad as those who avoid public telephone kiosks because BT fail in their duty to disinfect the handset after each call.fishtank wrote:There are two separate issues here...whether a van should be kept neat,tidy and reasonably clean which i don't think anyone is arguing with or whether Royal Mail are responsible for deep cleaning and disinfecting vehicles on a daily basis which seems to be what the OP was suggesting and which in my opinion given the level of hygiene people have to deal with in their normal course of work is obviously ridiculous.wacko74 wrote:You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.I don't understand how such people cope with day to day shopping, every coin in their pocket or purse potentially recently handled by someone who didn't was their hands after scratching their .....
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
What about catching a virus or whatever delivering to some shithole, just as likely if not more likely than catching it from someone sharing your van. Flats being a fine example, where it's been known for dog or even human s**t to be found in the stairwell..
I don't like the van to be overly dirty (some muck isn't a problem) but it pisses me off when I have a day or week off and come back to find rubbish scattered all around the interior, there really is no need for idleness like that! But when you work with idle twats that can't even be arsed to flush the toilet or wash their hands after having a s**t then I guess it's no surprise.

I don't like the van to be overly dirty (some muck isn't a problem) but it pisses me off when I have a day or week off and come back to find rubbish scattered all around the interior, there really is no need for idleness like that! But when you work with idle twats that can't even be arsed to flush the toilet or wash their hands after having a s**t then I guess it's no surprise.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
No you dont whinge about it, you just go on forums and make snide and sarcastic remarks to people making valid points.dvbuk55 wrote:Actually you're wrong, if I see something that needs cleaning or tidying I do it - not whinge about it on a forum.wacko74 wrote:I have already previously cleaned the inside of 2 vans in my own time, using cleaning products I've bought with my own money, I've also had a go at the DOM about it only to get the time honoured '' I'll look into it''dvbuk55 wrote:If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
I'm no ''clean freak'' and not obsessed with imaginary germs or viruses but you should show a bit of consideration for anyone who suffers with asthma, eczema, rhinitis or any other general dust allergy.... spending their shift in a van full of dust, dirt and mold certainly does become a health issue.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?
I can tell you one thing for sure, whingeing about it isn't going to improve the situation so why not pay a visit to Boots the Chemist and buy a surgical mask and the same applies to those suffering any itises or allergies.wacko74 wrote:No you dont whinge about it, you just go on forums and make snide and sarcastic remarks to people making valid points.dvbuk55 wrote:Actually you're wrong, if I see something that needs cleaning or tidying I do it - not whinge about it on a forum.wacko74 wrote:I have already previously cleaned the inside of 2 vans in my own time, using cleaning products I've bought with my own money, I've also had a go at the DOM about it only to get the time honoured '' I'll look into it''dvbuk55 wrote:If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety.wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks.
I'm no ''clean freak'' and not obsessed with imaginary germs or viruses but you should show a bit of consideration for anyone who suffers with asthma, eczema, rhinitis or any other general dust allergy.... spending their shift in a van full of dust, dirt and mold certainly does become a health issue.