ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
oralexplorer2
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 Jul 2011, 16:59
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by oralexplorer2 »

walked across a newly laid wet concrete driveway
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by RedBagMan »

monkeymutha wrote:Was lucky there wasn't any brass knockers.
Explain please ... :chuckle
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by fng »

oralexplorer2 wrote:walked across a newly laid wet concrete driveway
Done that ! :d'oh!
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by royalmailslave »

Fell off edge of kerb damaged ligaments,nutted hanging baskets and the soil and dirty water down the back of my neck,walked into ladders that were on a workmanship can roof,and walked into open garage doors on more than one occasion..........unsung heroes us lot
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by clashcityrocker »

royalmailslave wrote:Fell off edge of kerb ,nutted hanging baskets ,walked into ladders and walked into open garage doors on more than one occasion........
Are you blind?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by crazyshrew »

You name it, i've walked it to it, lamp posts, post boxes, hanging baskets, gates, fences, walls, people, pets, stationary cars, the path of fast moving traffic.

I have no idea how I'm still alive, the worst i've done is a broken wrist from falling off my bike (not while moving, lost my balance when getting off :d'oh! )
Trolly129
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Feb 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male
Location: Deepest Wiltshire

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by Trolly129 »

Yep - Collided with a few hanging baskets, tripped up a few steps, kicked the odd garden gnome (by accident) :wink: and yes the bike can be a little difficult at times. But have not yet collided with a lamppost so hey I must have that to come. :Very Happy
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by Toby Tyke »

Not an injury but still funny
Before park and loop when I was a driver I pulled outside a house to deliver a parcel.
Delivered parcel then got back in my van and could not get the keys in the ignition.
After much cursing and swearing I realised I was not in my van but a blue car parked in front of my van :funneh
Luckily no one saw me as I sneaked back to my van :arrrghhh
In my defence I am colour blind :Very Happy
PorkPie
Posts: 42
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 23:14
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone walked into a lampost while on delivery...

Post by PorkPie »

Headbutted many a hanging basket
Stepped out of van and "surfed" on a discarded piece of laminate flooring ending up flat on my back in the gutter
Cracked both shins on low brick built retaining walls through not lifting my leg high enough ... wtf ?
Smashed milk bottles on someone's doorstep ... posted mail, turned round and sent them flying
During a recent downpour, I slid on a recently cut patch of grass (council workmen) and went sideways into a large hedge
Had a bright idea one day and posted a small parcel through someone's cat flap ... and broke it ... oops !!

... they're just the ones I can remember off the top of my head ... never mind the two dog bites and two tumbles on the snow and ice (left and right elbows badly bruised) ... and I've only been doing the job 18 months ... I'll never survive 10 years !!