ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strangest thing a customer has said to you?
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Not actually said to me but as i walked past a lady just about to get in a car she said to the driver "do you want me in the front or the back". I let out that instinctive nasally snort and it went quiet...didn't dare look back.Was it funny or is it just my mind?
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Funnyewancurze wrote:Not actually said to me but as i walked past a lady just about to get in a car she said to the driver "do you want me in the front or the back". I let out that instinctive nasally snort and it went quiet...didn't dare look back.Was it funny or is it just my mind?
-
kmite
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
One guy said to me, 'you must have thighs like a gladiator' when i was exiting a block of flats. When the local comedy club meet to ask me if it's tomorrows mail when i'm running late, i usually reply 'yes i'm from the future. Can you not tell by my funny clothes and strange haircut' never goes down well
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Not quite on the same subject as strange things people say, but a strange thing happened the other day. On my round there is a flower shop with a big German Shepherd type dog in there, each day it comes up to me and firmly nuzzles into my leg, it's very kind of 'guarding' and dominant without ever seeming like it will bite, just friendly dominant.
Other day I shuffled past it as I always do as it kind of stands in my way, it comes up behind me and suddenly pushes between my legs with its head, so I ended up sitting on this big dog like I'm riding a bloody horse. It was totally ridiculous, the woman in the shop was laughing her head off as I tried to clamber off the back of this daft dog.
A bit off this thread but though I'd share it.
Other day I shuffled past it as I always do as it kind of stands in my way, it comes up behind me and suddenly pushes between my legs with its head, so I ended up sitting on this big dog like I'm riding a bloody horse. It was totally ridiculous, the woman in the shop was laughing her head off as I tried to clamber off the back of this daft dog.
A bit off this thread but though I'd share it.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
There's some funny s**t in some of these threads...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ?f=1&t=886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ?f=1&t=886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
"is that a lottery ticket win you got for there for me"
"dont think so
at least it wasn't this morning when i steamed them all open".
ive had various responses to that one.. typically laughs out loud
rarely I get an intense stare while somebody is taking me seriously for a moment
"dont think so
at least it wasn't this morning when i steamed them all open".
ive had various responses to that one.. typically laughs out loud
rarely I get an intense stare while somebody is taking me seriously for a moment
Last edited by chunk on 13 Jul 2012, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Heard this a handful of times in my five years, most recently a few weeks ago: "Oh, is this you on your second delivery, son?" I wish. What is it now, 8 years since SDD?
The machine stops.
-
briantwigley
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I tried to phrase it so as not to let someone make that joke but it turned out worse.DGP1 wrote:Stop masturbating on his doorstep thenbriantwigley wrote:If one more person tells me if its a bill I can keep it I will scream.
Also 'Cold today isn't it'
Or I saw you coming so I came out.
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
You've just spent the best part of five minutes knocking on a door and filling out a 739, you get half way down the road and you can hear the customer calling you back, and sometimes even chasing you down the road. They eventually catch up with you.
Customer: Sorry i was in the shower.
Me:So why isn't your hair wet?
Customer:you got may parcel?
Me: Sorry i've just given to one of our drivers
Customer: Sorry i was in the shower.
Me:So why isn't your hair wet?
Customer:you got may parcel?
Me: Sorry i've just given to one of our drivers
-
CORTINA
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 12:10
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Unrepeatable ...so was my answer........
-
somerset
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 16:23
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
What and you don't deliver to that address last after that comment?somerset wrote:Everytime i have had a holiday and gone back to work ! " OH we had are post two hours earlier when you were away , so why are you late ? " That really p****s me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Ha I used to get that on my last round, as I did it in reverse order, so when people covered it for me they did in the other way round so some people were moaning cos they thought I was always late, others loved me cos they got it earlier when I was on!somerset wrote:Everytime i have had a holiday and gone back to work ! " OH we had are post two hours earlier when you were away , so why are you late ? " That really p****s me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I got told this once " if it's a bill you can keep it " I did laugh ! 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Can you reverse my car out of that tight parking space?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.