I would report them to the police............no sympathy from me for drink drivers..........ever.mazza111 wrote:If the manager in our office had to suspend everyone who ever came in drunk there wouldn't be a lot there. I did it myself one day, on a Friday, had a skin full of ouzo the night before, the coffee I had when I got to work was enough to make me pissed again. Never drank ouzo since then!!!!
What's worrying though, is the amount of drivers who come in with drink on their breath. And I actually brought that up when the P&L was originally mentioned. They told us, if we suspected that someone had been drinking the night before, we had to grass them up basically. But how many of us would feel comfortable doing that to a colleague, the other choice would be getting into a van with him driving. It's a scary thought really.
So glad I got out when i did :)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Drunk on Duty
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Drunk on Duty
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
Our second in command use to be Warped with drink every morning and drove 8 miles a day, I once mentioned it to him he replied " No cops out at the hour I leave for work" the smell of his breath was bad man.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Drunk on Duty
Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
I live literally a 2/3 minute drive from work and have been pulled by the police twice..............as a tea totaller it has never worried me but they must just be bored.krussel wrote:Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Drunk on Duty
dvbuk55 wrote:I live literally a 2/3 minute drive from work and have been pulled by the police twice..............as a tea totaller it has never worried me but they must just be bored.krussel wrote:Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
I've been stopped by the Police 3 times and I walk into work..
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
That I can understand BUT I look like a fine upstanding citizenTrueBlueTerrier wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:I live literally a 2/3 minute drive from work and have been pulled by the police twice..............as a tea totaller it has never worried me but they must just be bored.krussel wrote:Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
I've been stopped by the Police 3 times and I walk into work..
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Drunk on Duty
Three days and twenty replies and nobody's reminded us of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diCeubq_WXg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
Our office has more than its fair share of piss pots,I've even seen blokes who have turned to drink through the stresses of te job,a large majority of our office piss cans are also drivers,and as long as they could fulfil there duties managers didn't give a toss,I refused to get into a van with a well known heavy drinker in our office as I believed he was over the limit only to har a blazing row with the line manager at which he basically made me get in the van or I'd be disciplined,our workplace sometimes disgusts me
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
Sounds like a guy who used to work in our office, he'd be so out of it on a saturday that he'd go straight home to bed then take his delivery out on Sunday (he lived on his walk).postypie wrote:I remember some years ago there was a gentleman who worked in our office who was an alcoholic ...staff new it,he knew it..the managers ignored it mostly....many times this chap would come to work as drunk as a skunk...managers at the time would see him literally collapsing sometimes as he tried to throw his walk out...sometimes he was told to go home as he was that far gone...but many a time he was sent out drunk on deliveries by managers(especially when we were short on staff)..sadly this guy met his end a few years ago when he stepped off a bus (drunk) and fell..cracking his head against the pavement...perhaps managers at the time could and should have done more,but this happened some years ago like i said so i think gaffers are probably more clued up on these things nowadays..sad to see him go as he was a character and a nice chap when he was sober..
He did that for years and actually got ill health retirement in the end.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
I've been stopped by police doing spot checks at xmas, they saw the uniform and let me straight through.dvbuk55 wrote:I live literally a 2/3 minute drive from work and have been pulled by the police twice..............as a tea totaller it has never worried me but they must just be bored.krussel wrote:Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
OnAFlyer wrote:I've been stopped by police doing spot checks at xmas, they saw the uniform and let me straight through.dvbuk55 wrote:I live literally a 2/3 minute drive from work and have been pulled by the police twice..............as a tea totaller it has never worried me but they must just be bored.krussel wrote:Not around my way i see more on the way to work than any other timeOssie From Preston wrote:No cops out at the hour I leave for work"
Probably just felt sorry for you!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Drunk on Duty
Phone the police and report a suspected drunk driver, the police love drink drivers because it's an easy conviction and so clears up their crime rates, do it sitting in the van beside the driverroyalmailslave wrote:Our office has more than its fair share of piss pots,I've even seen blokes who have turned to drink through the stresses of te job,a large majority of our office piss cans are also drivers,and as long as they could fulfil there duties managers didn't give a toss,I refused to get into a van with a well known heavy drinker in our office as I believed he was over the limit only to har a blazing row with the line manager at which he basically made me get in the van or I'd be disciplined,our workplace sometimes disgusts me
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Drunk on Duty
I did say suspected. Could just have been some dirty bugger who had 2 beers the night before and hadn't brushed their teeth *puke* as opposed to someone still being under the influence iykwimDGP1 wrote:I would report them to the police............no sympathy from me for drink drivers..........ever.mazza111 wrote:If the manager in our office had to suspend everyone who ever came in drunk there wouldn't be a lot there. I did it myself one day, on a Friday, had a skin full of ouzo the night before, the coffee I had when I got to work was enough to make me pissed again. Never drank ouzo since then!!!!
What's worrying though, is the amount of drivers who come in with drink on their breath. And I actually brought that up when the P&L was originally mentioned. They told us, if we suspected that someone had been drinking the night before, we had to grass them up basically. But how many of us would feel comfortable doing that to a colleague, the other choice would be getting into a van with him driving. It's a scary thought really.
So glad I got out when i did :)
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Drunk on Duty
Even suspected I'd still do it, I personally don't want to feel responsible for them hurting someone because they're a bit drunk plus it may make them realise that drinking and driving is only for idiots.mazza111 wrote:I did say suspected. Could just have been some dirty bugger who had 2 beers the night before and hadn't brushed their teeth *puke* as opposed to someone still being under the influence iykwimDGP1 wrote:I would report them to the police............no sympathy from me for drink drivers..........ever.mazza111 wrote:If the manager in our office had to suspend everyone who ever came in drunk there wouldn't be a lot there. I did it myself one day, on a Friday, had a skin full of ouzo the night before, the coffee I had when I got to work was enough to make me pissed again. Never drank ouzo since then!!!!
What's worrying though, is the amount of drivers who come in with drink on their breath. And I actually brought that up when the P&L was originally mentioned. They told us, if we suspected that someone had been drinking the night before, we had to grass them up basically. But how many of us would feel comfortable doing that to a colleague, the other choice would be getting into a van with him driving. It's a scary thought really.
So glad I got out when i did :)
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
thechemisyshop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Drunk on Duty
when i started i went to a wedding on the friday night and was stilled pissed on the saturday morning -thankfully this was in the days of a 2.5 hour delivery - i puked my way round it and took an extra hour to complete - but didnt claim the docket -
on the monday the manager then decided to pull me up about - i told him to GTF and that he should have sent me home then - but as he didnt dont start yer crap now when its too late
on the monday the manager then decided to pull me up about - i told him to GTF and that he should have sent me home then - but as he didnt dont start yer crap now when its too late