I had that too, in front of my wifefishtank wrote:I was in the supermarket in my civvies on my day off when one of my customers who works on the checkout announced at the top of her voice..."I haven't seen you with your clothes on before".
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strangest thing a customer has said to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I suppose that is one explanation but I'm sure there are othersfishtank wrote:I was in the supermarket in my civvies on my day off when one of my customers who works on the checkout announced at the top of her voice..."I haven't seen you with your clothes on before".
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Yes - not quite the same DG - I think ft was referring to his postmans uniform, whereas the lady you met was referring to the dirty mac with the trousers consisting of the legs only tied to the knees.DGP1 wrote:I had that too, in front of my wifefishtank wrote:I was in the supermarket in my civvies on my day off when one of my customers who works on the checkout announced at the top of her voice..."I haven't seen you with your clothes on before".![]()
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I was offered if I was hot, that I could use HIS shower whenever, perv 
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
i was in uniform at a fiiling station early one morning when the chap at the next pump says" oh good a postie, i'll bet you'll know" " erm know what " i asked rather puzzled " how do i get to norwich" " NORWICH ! THIS f******* WALSALL HOW BIG DO YOU THINK MY ROUND IS ? 
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
i know it makes me feel unwell when they say things you hear constantly day in and day out!skull wrote:How many times a day do we hear this or something similar. What makes things worse is the customer thinks they are coming out with something original and we have to do the artificual laugh.spen wrote:"if thats a bill you can keep it"
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Come on guys what do you reply to the every day customer jokes and moans?
Customer "if they're bills post them next door"
Me "Lucky i had this girdle on today or my side would have split open from the hilarity of your joke"
Customer "have you got my lottery win"
Me: "sorry no, i miss-posted it like I do all your mail every day"
Customer "your late today!!"
Me: "Yeah, CU Next Tuesday"
Customer "if they're bills post them next door"
Me "Lucky i had this girdle on today or my side would have split open from the hilarity of your joke"
Customer "have you got my lottery win"
Me: "sorry no, i miss-posted it like I do all your mail every day"
Customer "your late today!!"
Me: "Yeah, CU Next Tuesday"
-
briantwigley
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
If one more person tells me if its a bill I can keep it I will scream.
Also 'Cold today isn't it'
Or I saw you coming so I came out.
Also 'Cold today isn't it'
Or I saw you coming so I came out.
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
What about,
Customer: "I haven't had a letter all week and then a load of them turn up!"
ME: No, it's Monday and there not letters they're leaflets"
Customer: "you keep miss-delivering my mail, I'm waiting for a very important Dr's note, my passport, my bank statement"
Me: "don't forget the insurance settlement cheque"
How i've still got a job i don't know?
Customer: "I haven't had a letter all week and then a load of them turn up!"
ME: No, it's Monday and there not letters they're leaflets"
Customer: "you keep miss-delivering my mail, I'm waiting for a very important Dr's note, my passport, my bank statement"
Me: "don't forget the insurance settlement cheque"
How i've still got a job i don't know?
Last edited by Almighty1 on 12 Jul 2012, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
'Morning'.... at 2 in the afternoon.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
'Have you got any elastic bands?' - little shitty kids on the housing estate I used to deliver on, EVERY day during school holidays about 5 different sets of kids, got VERY tedious.
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
I've got a customer that comes to the door in leather trousers with chains hanging from them, he's about 50yo and when he opens the door it reminds me of Buffalos Bills house in the silence of the lambs, I keep thinking his gonna hit me with a taser gun and feed me to his pet poodle Precious !justdeno wrote:I was offered if I was hot, that I could use HIS shower whenever, perv
Last edited by Almighty1 on 12 Jul 2012, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
yeah, but don't you say morning knowing full well it's the afternoon to wined them up?TheCobra wrote:'Morning'.... at 2 in the afternoon.
-
Almighty1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Funniest or strangest thing a customer has said to you?
PMSL!!!saddlerposty wrote:i was in uniform at a fiiling station early one morning when the chap at the next pump says" oh good a postie, i'll bet you'll know" " erm know what " i asked rather puzzled " how do i get to norwich" " NORWICH ! THIS f******* WALSALL HOW BIG DO YOU THINK MY ROUND IS ?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: strangest thing a customer has said to you?
Stop masturbating on his doorstep thenbriantwigley wrote:If one more person tells me if its a bill I can keep it I will scream.
Also 'Cold today isn't it'
Or I saw you coming so I came out.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio