ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How long is 'Or so'?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Re: How long is 'Or so'?

Post by Grinder64 »

fishtank wrote:To be honest if i don't see or hear any movement straight away i start writing out a card.
By the time i finish with the card i figure i've given them "reasonable" time to at least make it known they're about.
If i know it's an older customer i give them a bit longer. :neutral:
I waste a lot of cards. :neutral:
Pretty much my m.o. on the issue apart from the habitual Ebay and Amazon 'nevertheres' when I will write out the P739 in all detail minus the time before I've left the office. At the door and by the time I've unlocked the PDA, entered my PIN code, scanned the item if applicable and retrieved my pen to fill in the time then that's plenty of time for them to have had the chance to at least shout 'hang on a minute' should they have pulled a sickie that day... :cuppa
Most of the time I'm not wasting any cards.
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: How long is 'Or so'?

Post by Patrick Clifton »

Grinder64 wrote:
fishtank wrote:To be honest if i don't see or hear any movement straight away i start writing out a card.
By the time i finish with the card i figure i've given them "reasonable" time to at least make it known they're about.
If i know it's an older customer i give them a bit longer. :neutral:
I waste a lot of cards. :neutral:
Pretty much my m.o. on the issue apart from the habitual Ebay and Amazon 'nevertheres' when I will write out the P739 in all detail minus the time before I've left the office. At the door and by the time I've unlocked the PDA, entered my PIN code, scanned the item if applicable and retrieved my pen to fill in the time then that's plenty of time for them to have had the chance to at least shout 'hang on a minute' should they have pulled a sickie that day... :cuppa
Most of the time I'm not wasting any cards.
You must be on an easy duty if you have time to write out 739's in the office :whistle
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Re: How long is 'Or so'?

Post by Grinder64 »

Patrick Clifton wrote: You must be on an easy duty if you have time to write out 739's in the office :whistle
Ways & means of doing 'em on the IPS whilst the screws have turned their attention elsewhere...(the coffee machine) :cuppa
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.