Good grief thats our office f****d then as they send you there if you cut a fart.
General! you should be the Commander of these forums , great posts!
Good grief thats our office f****d then as they send you there if you cut a fart.
DGP1 wrote:There's only one way for people to deal with it....................just remember that it's just a job, you start at your starting time, you finish at your finishing time and you can only do what is possible within that time.............everything else is for the managers to sort out.
Which is why I'm not stressed anymore![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
oypostie wrote:And the results of the report are ..................................................
we're all under achieversoypostie wrote:And the results of the report are ..................................................
What does your rep do about it,if you have one.hotpotato123 wrote:in our office if you tell managers you have to cut off the y look at you in astonishment.then they do a count on your fitting and check the traffic rates then they tell you to go and deliver it.they have also stopped paying people overtime,they just cross it off the list.you are expected to stay out and do it without complaining or you get the threat of suspension.
Just call their bluff.... no law to say or expect you to work beyond your allocted time........hotpotato123 wrote:in our office if you tell managers you have to cut off the y look at you in astonishment.then they do a count on your fitting and check the traffic rates then they tell you to go and deliver it.they have also stopped paying people overtime,they just cross it off the list.you are expected to stay out and do it without complaining or you get the threat of suspension.
If it's anything like ours he turns bright red,mumbles alot and then disappears to the union room for a coffee and a read of the paper.POSTMAN wrote:What does your rep do about it,if you have one.hotpotato123 wrote:in our office if you tell managers you have to cut off the y look at you in astonishment.then they do a count on your fitting and check the traffic rates then they tell you to go and deliver it.they have also stopped paying people overtime,they just cross it off the list.you are expected to stay out and do it without complaining or you get the threat of suspension.
Whip lash is the new "back ache."jagger wrote:Isn't stress the new back ache?
I would refuse to go to other offices. Your clearly being bullied and harassed. I've had that too. I joined the union, took out a grievance, put in a transfer and complained to Moya. Just make a fuss, don't accept it. I've been with RM for 5 years and was really shocked at the bullying culture inflicted by managers. I had never experienced that before in my working life and didn't expect it in this day and age. Just don't let them grind you down!bill_joseph wrote:i'm in my 10th year at royal mail, and because of all the cutbacks I have found myself as a 'reserve'. Because of the lapse in duties and absorbing I frequently find myself shipped out to another office of an area I'm unfamiliar with. My stress levels are through the roof, I have now developed an anxiety disorder because of the unfair, unequal, discrimmative, secretive treatment that I have had to deal with. i have been dumped on duties i have no clue about, and given a map and told to get on with it or 'you know where the door is' I have found myself on a regular basis completly lost and just standing on roadsides trying to locate where I am and where to go. Most cases i bring back mail because I havent been able to deliver it within my duty time. Because i do that, I have a bad reputation and all managers dislike me. When I bring the undelivered mail back I get questioned why, I get cold shoulder treatment, and treated as if I'm no good at my job. I have been dragged into the office of the office I'm shipped out to, and harrassed by 2 managers at the same time agressivley and threatening. I have been lied to, i have pressure put on me to work over my time. On most occassions i walk into the office and I dont even know what I'm doing, and neither do they. I never know what my rest day is, sometimes its as late as the saturday before the new week begins that i find out. I have phone calls ignored, upto 8 on one day to 2 managers, text messages ignored. they have recently started putting me on the same duty, but because I work on different times to the other person, I finish earlier, but the person i work with puts pressure on me to work over my time, because he is too slow and spends most of his time on his mobile phone, walking as slow as he can, or buying food at the local supermarket. I dred working there, I hate it so much that I can longer bare it. But the thing is, I love my own office, theres no stress, and i get on with everyone. There is no support for me, no understanding, no resolution. I am now unwell because of my circumstances and going to be off work with stress. Ive had enough.