http://imaginatemum.wordpress.com/2012/ ... bout-this/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have just received a letter from the new TNT postal service. As one might expect, for an ordinary letter with no size or signature issues, it has just been popped through our mail slot. This is what we would all expect, right?
I am wondering whether to contact Royal Mail because for the last two days, this has not been our experience with their postman. The last two days he has knocked on the door and rung the bell. He was greeted by my mother yesterday and my son today. Both times he has handed over the letters to them one by one, grilling them on the recipients. Today he queried whether “Ms Imaginatemum” was their mother, seeing as I don’t have the same surname as them.
This is not normal, right? I am not a particularly strident “don’t invade my privacy” person, but this seems a bit much. Also, I am married, I haven’t changed my name, but either way I don’t see why the postman needs to know this. I wonder about some of our very elderly neighbours, and whether they are getting the same grilling and how they feel about it. I also can’t understand how he can possibly finish his round on time! My mother is a bit concerned that getting us to open all our doors all the time is a way of casing out all the houses.
I have had friendly relationships with my posties in the past. Our last one got to know us over time, and worked out my local cafe hangout which was happily near his sorting office, so if I was in the window as he headed up to mine with a parcel, he’d knock on the door and give it to me there to save the whole “you are not at home, go to sorting office” card through the door palaver.
So a part of me is considering complaining, or at least commenting, as this door knocking and questioning seems a bit aggresive. But then another part of me is fearful that this guy has just got this job, maybe he’s a bit overzealous about getting to know his patch and has over-interpreted his role.
Would you contact Royal Mail or not?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
Weird. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
Reckon this statement hits the nail on the head - especially as you can get so many different surnames at one single address - although you can learn a lot from the RTS letters that come back to your frame (the "not knowns" and "gone aways")TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ... this guy has just got this job, maybe he’s a bit overzealous about getting to know his patch and has over-interpreted his role.
Not that weird really - just a little OTT with a hint of paranoia thrown in as wel ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
Of course you would...all the way to the top.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Would you contact Royal Mail or not?
Demand a public enquiry...and a criminal investigation.
Or you could just tell him to stop.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
It is weird how peoples first response so often is to phone up and complain rather than try speaking to the postie first. Seems simple enough?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
"I have had friendly relationships with my posties in the past. Our last one got to know us over time, and worked out my local cafe hangout"
Breakfast in the cafe perhaps
that'd make a change. 
Breakfast in the cafe perhaps
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Would you complain / comment to Royal Mail about this?
Yes, I could see how that might work - - - -Our last one got to know us over time, and worked out my local cafe hangout which was happily near his sorting office, so if I was in the window as he headed up to mine with a parcel, he’d knock on the door and give it to me there
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."