ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Junk mail and clothes shopping : R M's nice little earners

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Junk mail and clothes shopping : R M's nice little earners

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... rners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Junk mail and clothes shopping - the Royal Mail's nice little earners
Junk mail and returning unwanted goods bought online are boosting the Royal Mail's coffers

I have a notice on my front door that says “No junk mail”. And yet still it comes. The other morning I was so incensed with the pizza offers that I grabbed the offending pages, rushed out into the street and thrust them back into the hands of the delivery lad. He looked surprised: “Oh, I didn’t know that was what 'junk mail’ meant!”

I got his point. No one advertises a job delivering junk mail. They probably call it “advertising facilitator”. But it’s with us for a while yet. It’s hugely profitable for the Royal Mail, bringing in £1 in every £10 of its revenue. No wonder it’s suddenly in profit after years of being in the red.

That and the business of shopping online for clothes. I do this regularly. In fact, feeling a bit blue, I’ll idle away on the laptop, browsing for something I fancy. That’s when the trouble starts. First there’s the matter of being at home when the delivery comes. Neighbours are getting used to taking in parcels. Then there’s the style and the fit. Does the purchase really live up to its picture/description? Does it fit in places where it matters? Frequently not, especially shoes.

So then comes the re-packaging, filling in return forms and schlepping to the Post Office to send the thing back. This must all be a terrific earner for the Royal Mail. I’m not surprised it’s now in the black and its chief executive is getting a bonus of £371,000. I wonder where she buys her slick little suits?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Junk mail and clothes shopping : R M's nice little earne

Post by POSTMAN »

Can any c*** write for this rag then?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: Junk mail and clothes shopping : R M's nice little earne

Post by Tman »

She buys clothes that don't fit her and that's RM's fault. Some "delivery boy" posts leaflets through her door and that's also RM's fault? Who writes this shite?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Junk mail and clothes shopping : R M's nice little earne

Post by TeeferTiger »

I buy quite a bit online when I have money. Mainly because I can't get out the house as much as I used to.

Anyway, a no junk mail sticker on the letterbox does not stop RM delivering D2Ds. Opting out does-which I did when they stopped the individual payments for them. However, I don't go off my nut when one gets delivered, I just assume someone hasn't read the walk log and hope they don't do it again. We get those charity clothing bag things at least once a week and those are the only thing I do object to receiving because they're doing charity shops out of much needed donations, and half of the "appeals" aren't even charities doing the collecting.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?