ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park & Loop Grievance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by eastie »

timing everything like for example, how long it takes to deliver a large parcel and get a PDA signiture is bollocks.
I can have on any given day , say Wednesday which has an average of 50 parcels to get signitures on my loops and one day those 50 people could all be out or they could all could be in meaming an hour difference to the round.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by ebbzie »

stokes11eg wrote::shock: Personally, I thin kthe time has come for people to have their walks taped on video ,by a disinterested third party.Thyey should be taped on one heavy day and one light day!
Are you mad?
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by eastie »

RM wouldnt agree to it because if everyone did their round by the book they would go over even more than usual
cinemasaint
Posts: 132
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 21:00
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by cinemasaint »

I tried to leave stuff today only for my lino to spout spiel about our testing, a fallacy a light day not a fair reflection as I pointed out at the time, he tried to force me to take it out I went to our rep, he came grovling 5 mins later and told me to leave all my packets I told him I'd be over my time and I left loops as well and finished at my finish time.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by eastie »

cinemasaint wrote:I tried to leave stuff today only for my lino to spout spiel about our testing, a fallacy a light day not a fair reflection as I pointed out at the time, he tried to force me to take it out I went to our rep, he came grovling 5 mins later and told me to leave all my packets I told him I'd be over my time and I left loops as well and finished at my finish time.
Why did you wait ??
you put your bags down and TELL HIM, dont ask ,that its your finishing time and your cutting off and say bye and walk out .
You dont have to stay behind and take all the s**t because its what HE gets paid to sort out, its not your problem and grow a pair.
tiggle
Posts: 135
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
Gender: Female

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by tiggle »

ebbzie wrote:
5plusbonusball wrote:ok, I think the best answer is ALL work until time, and when EVERYONE has finished posting , then it's hometime, even if it means the managers staying late past 2 ! Co-ordinating the vans who have finished and sending them to the problem areas. Maybe something to look into in the autumn? After all , all loops are meant to be equal!
All loops coild be exactly equal, peoples working speeds are not. Your idea of anyone finishing to go and help the ones who havent will have the lazy postman coming in there pants and trust me theres lots of lazy ones
In our office the van duties are supposed to take 4 hours from 1st to last letter and yet we have a lot of duties that are done in 3hours because the idiots doing them rush round leave the trolleys in the office and don't have a break. They think they should go home when they finish and have a proper tantrum when they have to work to their time and yet next morning they come in early,rush round...............i couldn't complete a walk that fast if i wanted to and i don't.Parkinsons economic theory states, work expands to fill the time allotted.nuff said
cinemasaint
Posts: 132
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 21:00
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by cinemasaint »

eastie wrote:
cinemasaint wrote:I tried to leave stuff today only for my lino to spout spiel about our testing, a fallacy a light day not a fair reflection as I pointed out at the time, he tried to force me to take it out I went to our rep, he came grovling 5 mins later and told me to leave all my packets I told him I'd be over my time and I left loops as well and finished at my finish time.
Why did you wait ??
you put your bags down and TELL HIM, dont ask ,that its your finishing time and your cutting off and say bye and walk out .
You dont have to stay behind and take all the s**t because its what HE gets paid to sort out, its not your problem and grow a pair.
I told him when I was tieing up as I knew it couldn't be done,
Regal
Posts: 132
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Park & Loop Grievance

Post by Regal »

stokes11eg wrote::shock: Personally, I thin kthe time has come for people to have their walks taped on video ,by a disinterested third party.Thyey should be taped on one heavy day and one light day!
That would be one monstrously long and boring video to watch, doubt you can get enough memory to record it all m8!
Tomorrow Never Knows