So you are tarring everyone with the same brush.....maybe some arn't genuine but I can assure you the majority are. Do you treat everyone who has gone off sick as pulling a fast one or take each case on its merits?Up Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
I like to think we live on a company where we all dig in when needed to, So far so good for me, Can't please everyone mind you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
Must be some really bright sparks in your office if this is the case "Status Update >>> Pulled a Sickie Today :)"Up Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
... and are these your facebook 'friends' or are you merely making an attempt to check up on them, jobsworth.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
I ve seen both good and very bad managers over the years. Personally i think in general they are better trained these days but you will always get bad apples. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
I look at them like football referees - the best ones are the ones you don't see ... and I don;t see many (lucky ?)
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
Since the Attendance Procedure in Royal Mail is relatively draconian compared to other companies and it tends to be applied in a mechanistic manner by most managers i would imagine people dropping off sick every other day means you hardly get the chance to learn their names.Up Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
There is very little room for abuse of the Royal Mail Attendance Procedure and i speak from experience of representing members over many years.
I think you may be exaggerating for comic effect....which is fine.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
and underneath the status........Budfrog wrote:Must be some really bright sparks in your office if this is the case "Status Update >>> Pulled a Sickie Today :)"Up Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
... and are these your facebook 'friends' or are you merely making an attempt to check up on them, jobsworth.
Up Hill Down Hill
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
No Stomproof you are wrong there are never, ever anybody with a genuine medical condition that the DOM and his DR Kildares cohorts couldn't diagnose,treat and find a delivery to do.Stormproof wrote:So you are tarring everyone with the same brush.....maybe some arn't genuine but I can assure you the majority are. Do you treat everyone who has gone off sick as pulling a fast one or take each case on its merits?Up Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
I like to think we live on a company where we all dig in when needed to, So far so good for me, Can't please everyone mind you
Still it's nice to see an acting manager trawling through peoples Facebook's just for a pat on the back off his `superior` arsewipe.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
you are really mixed upUp Hill Down Hill wrote:As an acting DOM I'd like to say everyones treated fairly but when you have people dropping off sick every other day it's hard not to hold grudges, especially when these cases aren't genuine (facebook reveals all)
I like to think we live on a company where we all dig in when needed to, So far so good for me, Can't please everyone mind you
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
Looking at this list and judging by the ones that I have come into contact with things are not about to improve.
An SB told me that he was pleased that some of the 'poorer performing' directors were unplaced, firstly I don't like to see anyone lose their job and secondly I suspect the majority of unplaced directors were actually the only reasonable ones left ... I may be wrong.
An SB told me that he was pleased that some of the 'poorer performing' directors were unplaced, firstly I don't like to see anyone lose their job and secondly I suspect the majority of unplaced directors were actually the only reasonable ones left ... I may be wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
Paul Whitehouse in the east. "Oh suits you sir oh" 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
combo_king
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
had 4 doms in my time 2 longterm n 2 for only a few months, only decent 1 was 1 the short termer my current 1 of about 3 years is the biggest lier cheat n bully ive had the dis pleasure of having to take anything 2do with, he has completely ruined every shift he ever tweeked a complete and utter idiot of a man who for me as he does not have the experience off being a postie has no idea about what we do and how long things take, had many linos 1 or 2 decent 1s most little hitlers, yesterday my current lino came over as my bag man who starts 30 mins early 4 free was ready to go at half 8 (were not due out till 9) just as i was doing my redirections he wouldnt wait and off he went, so the lino was doing his ussual of im to slow blah blah looks at me n asks so how am i meant to get ure bags out and i reply thats your job and problem to fix not mine, he replies i have a terible attitude n walks away lol, maybe im bitter but i dont know how some off these people can go home and look at there selves in the mirror
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Are All Royal Mail Managers W%$£%£&
I actually think in my office they were a lot worse about 20 years ago,My current line manager is fine always listens to what you have to say and is really helpful with leave and any personal problems at home.
The DOM on the other hand................
The DOM on the other hand................