Well as the sages say - it was agreed by the members..................at some point, no doubt in the fine print. I was under the impression that you need to be with RM a year before sick pay entitlement and I think that goes back before BT 2010 but I don't know how far.POSTMAN wrote:This type of thing is a very bad grey area,it's a physical job and for some a shock to the system,add the bad or non training element,the pressure,all the other s**t newbies have to contend with,AOD's are going to happen on top of aches and pains and there should of been a safety net added in when it all changed.
Injured at work and you don't get paid by them,farcical ffs.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
That may well be the case DVB but if the accident has been caused as a result of insufficient training, Royal Mail and the Line Manager are culpible and I would be seeking retribution asap. If the guy has house insurance, he may have legal fees cover and there may be a legal advice line. Get your policy out and read through. Otherwise there are legal helplines with the CWU. A quick phone call may well be worth making.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
If you was a member of course. The first thing I'd be getting out was the contract I signed when I started - then I might try the national accident helpline.Lincox wrote:That may well be the case DVB but if the accident has been caused as a result of insufficient training, Royal Mail and the Line Manager are culpible and I would be seeking retribution asap. If the guy has house insurance, he may have legal fees cover and there may be a legal advice line. Get your policy out and read through. Otherwise there are legal helplines with the CWU. A quick phone call may well be worth making.
-
Keano
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 15:01
Re: Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
Similar thing happening to me at the moment.Had an AOD today,slipping on a sloping driveway with these terrible slippy tiles.Think ive torn or pulled hamstring,and got pain shooting up right hand side of my back.They are threatening to withhold my pay if i dont turn in tomorrow to do my duty,even though i cant walk properly because of the accident. 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Accident on Duty -Temporary Contract - No Sick Pay
Do not under any circumstances limp into work and attempt to deliver. Get a doctors appointment immediately and receive a PROFESSIONAL opinion on whether you are fit to work.
If the doc says no then dont go in. If you are in the Union, get in touch with the local rep immediately and get him to sort it out with, well I wont call them managers, but the idiots that have no consideration or compassion for someone who is trying his/her best to get a job done under difficult weather conditions.
If the doc says no then dont go in. If you are in the Union, get in touch with the local rep immediately and get him to sort it out with, well I wont call them managers, but the idiots that have no consideration or compassion for someone who is trying his/her best to get a job done under difficult weather conditions.