ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redundancy due to revision???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
oralexplorer2
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 Jul 2011, 16:59
Gender: Male

Re: Redundancy due to revision???

Post by oralexplorer2 »

We are taking more staff on at our place dont worry be happy :)
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redundancy due to revision???

Post by dvbuk55 »

DarkXavier wrote:Our office is under revision at the moment. 5 full time and 7 part time jobs are being taken out.... :shock: :sad: I am upset, as I am the most senior part timer in my office and I thought a revision would give me a chance of full time.
As the object of the exercise is to cut costs what gave you the impression there would be full time vacancies created with a revision?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Redundancy due to revision???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DarkXavier wrote:Our office is under revision at the moment. 5 full time and 7 part time jobs are being taken out.... :shock: :sad: I am upset, as I am the most senior part timer in my office and I thought a revision would give me a chance of full time.
As the object of the exercise is to cut costs what gave you the impression there would be full time vacancies created with a revision?
it might do though if there are more fts jacking it in, but not enough pts - forgive the expression but you might have a chance with dead mans shoes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redundancy due to revision???

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DarkXavier wrote:Our office is under revision at the moment. 5 full time and 7 part time jobs are being taken out.... :shock: :sad: I am upset, as I am the most senior part timer in my office and I thought a revision would give me a chance of full time.
As the object of the exercise is to cut costs what gave you the impression there would be full time vacancies created with a revision?
it might do though if there are more fts jacking it in, but not enough pts - forgive the expression but you might have a chance with dead mans shoes.
Hang on a minute teebs, I don't even feel ill yet :cuppa
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redundancy due to revision???

Post by dvbuk55 »

DarkXavier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DarkXavier wrote:Our office is under revision at the moment. 5 full time and 7 part time jobs are being taken out.... :shock: :sad: I am upset, as I am the most senior part timer in my office and I thought a revision would give me a chance of full time.
As the object of the exercise is to cut costs what gave you the impression there would be full time vacancies created with a revision?
18 part timers were made up to full time at Kidderminster. So I thought when the revision was done at my office at least a few part timers would get made up..
It really depends on the revision and how many hours are already in YOUR office - too many and the result is as you've experienced, too few and the opposite is true.