what you guys don't have someone using their own van?
just my DO then?
I kid thee not!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sorry - No Keys ...
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
These keys aren't for pouch boxes, that i could at least understand. They are for the blocks of flats on the delivery, the warden provided the previous postie with a set. I got two copies of each key done, one set for me, one set for the rest day cover and I gave the last set to the manager who put them in the office. About a 6 months passes and a floater on the walk while I'm on leave loses the set I gave the managerLateagainpostie wrote:Thats about as believable as they come.Caniel wrote:Nope they are MY keys, I paid for them. I got copies done because RM only had one set of the keys for the flats, I kept one set and gave the other set to the rest day cover; the RM set stayed in the office and were lost when a floater used them. I've offered to get another set cut but RM won't pay for it.Lateagainpostie wrote:Thats the point they are not YOUR keys, they belong to RM and should be returned to the locker at the end of duty, full stop.Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.Postman Plodd wrote:This is my daily experience, one set of keys for the walk holder who wont relinquish them, one set for the regular cover who also wont part with them and none for the poor float/chump. And get this i ALWAYS return the keys even if the next day is my day off. And seeing as the guy who's keys i borrrowed yesterday will be gone before i arrive this morning, i took them back when i finished yesterday. Chump i am.
This is one of the rules we all go on about working to, you can't pick and choose which ones to work to .... or can you ?.
I bet you'd soon start handing them in if you got a phone call from a manager at 6am on your day off, demanding you bring them in.
The still remains that if there are no keys in the cage to enable him to do his walk, then it's up to a manager to sort it out, even if that means calling out Romec to change the locks.
-
robg
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
custard wrote:what you guys don't have someone using their own van?
just my DO then?
I kid thee not!
Wait, you can get your own van?
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
How so?RedBagMan wrote:Cheeky b*st*rd - in my experience us floaters get screwed over by the full-time chumps/halfwits ...Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.
In my experience floaters tend to take the piss purely because it's not their walk. Every time I come back off leave there is usually a weeks worth of deads on the frame, a pile of D2Ds in a heap under the frame (usually kicked all over the place), random letters/small packets chucked over the top of the frame out of sight, my tidy frame will be an utter mess (redirection and damaged bags everywhere) and if I was daft enough to leave my pouches on the frame they will all be missing.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
Trust me ... we're not all like that - this week I've been on three different walks - plus a day off - which has involved me having to go back to the DO three times to drop off keys (I'd rather do that than pouch them off in our blue bags, which may not get back to the DO for the following morning ) - plus the added bonus of writing '24 hours' on the P739's because I'm also taking all undeliverables directly back - together with the added bonus (for some customers anyway) of me having to walk back to the DO past places I've already delivered to - and giving them a "second chance" on undeliverables, which has succeeded on a number of occasions.Caniel wrote:How so?RedBagMan wrote:Cheeky b*st*rd - in my experience us floaters get screwed over by the full-time chumps/halfwits ...Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.
In my experience floaters tend to take the piss purely because it's not their walk. Every time I come back off leave there is usually a weeks worth of deads on the frame, a pile of D2Ds in a heap under the frame (usually kicked all over the place), random letters/small packets chucked over the top of the frame out of sight, my tidy frame will be an utter mess (redirection and damaged bags everywhere) and if I was daft enough to leave my pouches on the frame they will all be missing.
I don't care if it's "not my walk" (basically because none of them are) - I've got a job to to and I do it to the best of my ability ... then again - I am 55 years old and was probably brought up with a different "work ethic" to most ... maybe you should rephrase your insult to say "floaters under the age of 30"
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
Caniel wrote:How so?RedBagMan wrote:Cheeky b*st*rd - in my experience us floaters get screwed over by the full-time chumps/halfwits ...Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.
In my experience floaters tend to take the piss purely because it's not their walk. Every time I come back off leave there is usually a weeks worth of deads on the frame, a pile of D2Ds in a heap under the frame (usually kicked all over the place), random letters/small packets chucked over the top of the frame out of sight, my tidy frame will be an utter mess (redirection and damaged bags everywhere) and if I was daft enough to leave my pouches on the frame they will all be missing.
Well you raise it with the manager.
Its their job to ensure a clear frame every day
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
RedBagMan wrote:Trust me ... we're not all like that - this week I've been on three different walks - plus a day off - which has involved me having to go back to the DO three times to drop off keys (I'd rather do that than pouch them off in our blue bags, which may not get back to the DO for the following morning ) - plus the added bonus of writing '24 hours' on the P739's because I'm also taking all undeliverables directly back - together with the added bonus (for some customers anyway) of me having to walk back to the DO past places I've already delivered to - and giving them a "second chance" on undeliverables, which has succeeded on a number of occasions.Caniel wrote:How so?RedBagMan wrote:Cheeky b*st*rd - in my experience us floaters get screwed over by the full-time chumps/halfwits ...Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.
In my experience floaters tend to take the piss purely because it's not their walk. Every time I come back off leave there is usually a weeks worth of deads on the frame, a pile of D2Ds in a heap under the frame (usually kicked all over the place), random letters/small packets chucked over the top of the frame out of sight, my tidy frame will be an utter mess (redirection and damaged bags everywhere) and if I was daft enough to leave my pouches on the frame they will all be missing.
I don't care if it's "not my walk" (basically because none of them are) - I've got a job to to and I do it to the best of my ability ... then again - I am 55 years old and was probably brought up with a different "work ethic" to most ... maybe you should rephrase your insult to say "floaters under the age of 30"
Get an SD bag and pouch them off at a PO
retain the tracking number for reference
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
well I wish we had floaters like you in my officeRedBagMan wrote:Trust me ... we're not all like that - this week I've been on three different walks - plus a day off - which has involved me having to go back to the DO three times to drop off keys (I'd rather do that than pouch them off in our blue bags, which may not get back to the DO for the following morning ) - plus the added bonus of writing '24 hours' on the P739's because I'm also taking all undeliverables directly back - together with the added bonus (for some customers anyway) of me having to walk back to the DO past places I've already delivered to - and giving them a "second chance" on undeliverables, which has succeeded on a number of occasions.
I don't care if it's "not my walk" (basically because none of them are) - I've got a job to to and I do it to the best of my ability ... then again - I am 55 years old and was probably brought up with a different "work ethic" to most ... maybe you should rephrase your insult to say "floaters under the age of 30"
That usually results in me doing it, following a "reasonable request" from the manager forcing me to then cut off when I leave the office latecustard wrote:Caniel wrote:How so?RedBagMan wrote:Cheeky b*st*rd - in my experience us floaters get screwed over by the full-time chumps/halfwits ...Caniel wrote:In my experience chumps/floaters lose keys so you don't give them up no matter what, I'd rather come in to find truck loads brought back than have some halfwit lose my keys.
In my experience floaters tend to take the piss purely because it's not their walk. Every time I come back off leave there is usually a weeks worth of deads on the frame, a pile of D2Ds in a heap under the frame (usually kicked all over the place), random letters/small packets chucked over the top of the frame out of sight, my tidy frame will be an utter mess (redirection and damaged bags everywhere) and if I was daft enough to leave my pouches on the frame they will all be missing.
Well you raise it with the manager.
Its their job to ensure a clear frame every day
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
Can't be everywhere - sorry - anyways I'm on holiday next week (again floaters being screwed over - two bank holidays out of the week - therefore cheap/easy option for RM - grrr) - and guess what ... it's a walking holiday (doing the Ridgeway from Avebury to Princes Risborough)Caniel wrote:well I wish we had floaters like you in my officeRedBagMan wrote:Trust me ... we're not all like that - this week I've been on three different walks - plus a day off - which has involved me having to go back to the DO three times to drop off keys (I'd rather do that than pouch them off in our blue bags, which may not get back to the DO for the following morning ) - plus the added bonus of writing '24 hours' on the P739's because I'm also taking all undeliverables directly back - together with the added bonus (for some customers anyway) of me having to walk back to the DO past places I've already delivered to - and giving them a "second chance" on undeliverables, which has succeeded on a number of occasions.
I don't care if it's "not my walk" (basically because none of them are) - I've got a job to to and I do it to the best of my ability ... then again - I am 55 years old and was probably brought up with a different "work ethic" to most ... maybe you should rephrase your insult to say "floaters under the age of 30"![]()
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
Watcha talking 'bout Willis?Lateagainpostie wrote:Well for a start having your own set of keys is probably against RM regulations, as it's a blatant security risk, thats why they are supposed to be returned to a "secure" place over night, or had that gone completely over your head.
I say again, if keys get lost, it's not your problem, it's managements problem, why fork out your own money to get a set cut for RM, some of you blokes need your heads banging against walls, you really do.
When you go P&L are you going to buy your own van ?.
I've never had my own keys cut, I just said a lot of people do. And 'blatant security risk' - what, a postie with keys to a pouchbox? It's roughly the same risk as trusting a postie to take out a load of mail on their own and deliver it all. Oh wait, that's what we do!
Buy my own van? why are you posting stupid things like that, comparing a £12,000 van to a £3 key (that I never bought anyway)
Anyway you keep going about how not having the tools to do the job is 'management's problem', when in actual fact they don't really give a toss and you're the only one being inconvenienced, working till your time when everyones else has gone home early.
At least you can come on here though and play the hard man 'cos you cut off again and stood up to those big bad managers.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12213
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Sorry - No Keys ...
Everyone else going home early just gives the DOM loads of scope for lapsingOnAFlyer wrote:
Anyway you keep going about how not having the tools to do the job is 'management's problem', when in actual fact they don't really give a toss and you're the only one being inconvenienced, working till your time when everyones else has gone home early.