http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21146 ... tal_thefts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
SEVERAL incidents of post being stolen from addresses in the Maybury area of Woking are being investigated by police and the Royal Mail.
The first reports of delivery round thefts were made by residents to Surrey Police on May 11.
Royal Mail said its investigation team was now dealing with it as "a matter of urgency".
The company's Sally Hopkins said: "The integrity and security of the mail is of paramount importance and the vast majority of mail is delivered safely and securely.
"We are extremely concerned to hear of these customers' experiences and we would like to reassure them that we are investigating these claims as a matter of urgency.
"If we uncover any cases of theft from the post, we operate a zero tolerance approach towards any dishonesty.
"This stance is shared by the overwhelming majority of postmen and women who are honest and hardworking and who do all they can to protect the mail and deliver it safely."
Anyone who has similar concerns about their mail in the Maybury area should contact Surrey Police on 101.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
Strange that RM would comment on a story when the investigation is ongoing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
uh oh... Postal Theft
This online newspaper covers Surrey so I took a look, as I normally do, mainly to see if there is any news on McLaren, and low and behold I saw this on there.
They've basically alerted this person to their criminal activities by posting this online, unless they've been caught already that is.
They've basically alerted this person to their criminal activities by posting this online, unless they've been caught already that is.
Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
By Joe Finnerty
May 30, 2012
SEVERAL incidents of post being stolen from addresses in the Maybury area of Woking are being investigated by police and the Royal Mail.
The first reports of delivery round thefts were made by residents to Surrey Police on May 11.
Royal Mail said its investigation team was now dealing with it as "a matter of urgency".
The company's Sally Hopkins said: "The integrity and security of the mail is of paramount importance and the vast majority of mail is delivered safely and securely.
"We are extremely concerned to hear of these customers' experiences and we would like to reassure them that we are investigating these claims as a matter of urgency.
"If we uncover any cases of theft from the post, we operate a zero tolerance approach towards any dishonesty.
"This stance is shared by the overwhelming majority of postmen and women who are honest and hardworking and who do all they can to protect the mail and deliver it safely."
Anyone who has similar concerns about their mail in the Maybury area should contact Surrey Police on 101.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21146 ... tal_thefts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: uh oh... Postal Theft
Chances are they've already caught and suspended someone over it, RM wouldn't normally announce this unless they had more evidence.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16702
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: uh oh... Postal Theft
The mail could be being stolen from communal letter boxes after delivery has been made.
It isn't always the postman who is dishonest.
It isn't always the postman who is dishonest.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
2 Threads merged
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
The wanderer
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 28 May 2012, 13:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
I live round this way and I know the area.
This is the first I've heard of this.
It could be someone just following the Postman around and stealing the mail this way.
This is the first I've heard of this.
It could be someone just following the Postman around and stealing the mail this way.
I always feel like someone is watching me.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
Apologies, I didn't realise that you'd already posted this. I just happened to see it and put it on straight away. Thanks for spotting it and merging it. I'll be a little more active when posting something, to make sure it's not a double thread.
I do agree though, it's not always the postman who is dipping into the mail. Communal postboxes in flats can be got at, as well as mailboxes on walls/doors when no-one is at home, are easy targets as they are not exactly like strongboxes in design. I've even seen people come out of their own homes and get mail out of their own mailbox without the use of the key.
RM must've got this person, if not then this was "leaked out". Either way RM need to get their act together with regard to news reports. I wonder how many posties in the Woking area now know about this news report. Probably a fair few now, after it's been posted online and also posted on this site too.
I do agree though, it's not always the postman who is dipping into the mail. Communal postboxes in flats can be got at, as well as mailboxes on walls/doors when no-one is at home, are easy targets as they are not exactly like strongboxes in design. I've even seen people come out of their own homes and get mail out of their own mailbox without the use of the key.
RM must've got this person, if not then this was "leaked out". Either way RM need to get their act together with regard to news reports. I wonder how many posties in the Woking area now know about this news report. Probably a fair few now, after it's been posted online and also posted on this site too.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
SPOKESEY
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Jul 2012, 17:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
these thefts by royal mail staff happen all over the country, i have a small buy and sell buisness on ebay, over the past two years i have had at least twelve items go missing even a couple of recorded signed for, i have had letters delivered to me which have clearly been opened and some of the contents missing, there is clearly dishonest staff in either the swansea or carmarthen sorting office, i have alerted royal mail countless times and they simply are not interested they will not even pay compensation even though i have proof of posting, with royal mail turning a blind eye what chance is there of ever stopping it and bring these dishonest low life postman to justice.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
Nicely put, now maybe if you ask a question then we may be able to help but coming on and ranting will win you no friends.SPOKESEY wrote:these thefts by royal mail staff happen all over the country, i have a small buy and sell buisness on ebay, over the past two years i have had at least twelve items go missing even a couple of recorded signed for, i have had letters delivered to me which have clearly been opened and some of the contents missing, there is clearly dishonest staff in either the swansea or carmarthen sorting office, i have alerted royal mail countless times and they simply are not interested they will not even pay compensation even though i have proof of posting, with royal mail turning a blind eye what chance is there of ever stopping it and bring these dishonest low life postman to justice.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
The wanderer
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 28 May 2012, 13:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
Slagging off the Royal mail is very fashionable.
Customers don't know they have it so good, wait until you see the price rise come privatisation, then you'll yearn for the good old days.
Stealing from the Queens mail is a very serious offense and Royal mail has its own Police force, the oldest Police force in the country I might add.
You have a far better chance of finding the thief within Royal mail than say TNT?
So quit your slagging off and just ask your question?
Customers don't know they have it so good, wait until you see the price rise come privatisation, then you'll yearn for the good old days.
Stealing from the Queens mail is a very serious offense and Royal mail has its own Police force, the oldest Police force in the country I might add.
You have a far better chance of finding the thief within Royal mail than say TNT?
So quit your slagging off and just ask your question?
I always feel like someone is watching me.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Maybury residents hit by spate of postal thefts
and how many did you send over a year to lose 12 post. There are good postal workers and bad postal workers. No matter where you are.