ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

please help :(

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: please help :(

Post by krussel »

fng wrote:How did you get on ??????

I dont think his back in till thurs :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
skylander12
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Feb 2012, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: please help :(

Post by skylander12 »

hi,

i'm not back in till thursday so that will be D day :nervous

Just praying and hoping really :pray

I get on with manager as well as possible :roll:

Thanks for asking though, I'll let you know thursday if i'm still an employee or not
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: please help :(

Post by fng »

I've just read your first post again and I think the key bit is, that you have found out that you have done something wrong by reading stuff on this forum.

Now i think this forum is great but it's not an official RM site or an official source of training (...... it should be ! ) .

I could of fallen foul of this a couple of times when I have read stuff on here that has been VERY informative and accurate but it's stuff that I haven't been told by RM in training or WTLL.

I like to write the short address on my "signed for" sheet so I can keep a track of the signed fors - from reading this site I know you shouldn't due to data protection I think, but no one in authority has told me that. Likewise with more than one redirect going into a bag, got it from here but not from any training. I think the job would run alot easier if this site was made part of the training, there is so much experience on here that isn't fully utilised.


To me, if you imagine this site didn't excist (heaven forbid :pray ) then you would never of known that what you have done was wrong because RM hadn't told you. Infact quite the opposite, a more senior member of RM actually told you to do it!
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: please help :(

Post by Royal_Fail »

Yeah i'd just play dumb you were doing as told by a senior colleague who should know better and i would not think twice about dropping him in s**t as he's obviously happy for you to get in trouble for it.Infact i'd be having words with this guy either way.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: please help :(

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Also the fact that they have not contacted you to explain yourself, or to conduct a Blame finding, some my error - Fact Finding Interview is a good sign that nothing is going to come of it.

If they had made it official they would normally contact you as soon as possible. My feeling is the worst that can happen now is a slap on the wrist and that'll be the end, of course that's not certain but my experience is if they can nail you, and they want to, they like to make you aware - they haven't in this case so I thinks everything is okay.

If, on the outside chance they do make if official then as previous posters have said play dumb and tell the truth, you were told to do it by........., and you have never been told that its not accepted practice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: please help :(

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Don't worry bout it, they all end up in one big jumbled heap at the mc then get resorted, like people who send back unwanted mail , it will eventually end up back on your frame to deal with.
No one is going to spot them and count them surely !! :crazy:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??