ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

mis deliveries

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: mis deliveries

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:and then try to picture them naked....or whatever.
Why? I pictured all of my female customers naked...............it didn't stop me misdelivering though, they were all Kylie Minogue and I really didn't give a sh*t which house she lived at :chuckle. I was too busy admiring the topiary! More lately it's been Cheryl Cole..................just need a way to stop her incessant Geordie chatter :hmmmm
bello
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 16:41
Gender: Male

Re: mis deliveries

Post by bello »

cheers, think i need to slow down and read more, i dont get the chance to remember the names (or picture the oaps on last weeks walk naked lol) as the whole time ive been with doing this job ive had a different walk every week if not several different each week, think thats half the problem as well as im always trying to learn new walks and dont get the chance to learn each one well enought.
briantwigley
Posts: 135
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
Gender: Male

Re: mis deliveries

Post by briantwigley »

Straight4ward wrote:Learn the names of the occupants.

So at 14 Church Street, it's the Thompsons and at 14 Church Close, it's the Coopers (or whatever).

It works for me.
Works the best for me, I do about 4 streets with the same number pattern and to start with I had mis sorts galore but when you learn their names they drop to literally 0, and I've only been in the job for a month and do better than some who have been in years.