R@YAL F@IL wrote:Thanks fishtank, that was the answer I was looking for, not that it is relevant to me or anyone I know but well worth knowing non the less.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DRIVING LICENCE
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
General Mannerheim wrote:R@YAL F@IL wrote:Thanks fishtank, that was the answer I was looking for, not that it is relevant to me or anyone I know but well worth knowing non the less.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
when my photo licence expired
I told them i wasnt renewing it and would no longer be able to drive
I told them i wasnt renewing it and would no longer be able to drive
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
What did they do and say?custard wrote:when my photo licence expired
I told them i wasnt renewing it and would no longer be able to drive
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
R@YAL F@IL wrote:What did they do and say?custard wrote:when my photo licence expired
I told them i wasnt renewing it and would no longer be able to drive
well my scenario is a bit unique
I was returning from dismissal and winning appeal
during the 3 months of being away,my licence expeired
So on return I informed them of this and I wouldnt be driving from then on.
I got bitched around duties for a few weeks,cutting off every day(told them i wouldnt be working over)
They eventually 'created' a non driving floating duty.
I say created as it appeared to already exist but wasnt staffed.
Its a bone of contention often raised and threats were made about moving me to other offices etc
my answer was I can work to my time in any office
TBH from reports of guys who do go to other offices. the duties are usually easier than ours anyway.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
Word is 2m peeps haven't renewed their photo license now that the 10 years is up,has to be a certain percentage of them in RM.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
And the DOM would be required to remove them from driving duties until they get it and you have to remember that licence checks are every 6 monthsPOSTMAN wrote:Word is 2m peeps haven't renewed their photo license now that the 10 years is up,has to be a certain percentage of them in RM.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: DRIVING LICENCE
Well done, I wonder if your circumstances set a president? very complex but a rule for one then a rule for allcustard wrote:R@YAL F@IL wrote:What did they do and say?custard wrote:when my photo licence expired
I told them i wasnt renewing it and would no longer be able to drive
well my scenario is a bit unique
I was returning from dismissal and winning appeal
during the 3 months of being away,my licence expeired
So on return I informed them of this and I wouldnt be driving from then on.
I got bitched around duties for a few weeks,cutting off every day(told them i wouldnt be working over)
They eventually 'created' a non driving floating duty.
I say created as it appeared to already exist but wasnt staffed.
Its a bone of contention often raised and threats were made about moving me to other offices etc
my answer was I can work to my time in any office
TBH from reports of guys who do go to other offices. the duties are usually easier than ours anyway.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers