Ahebban wrote:''I thought it would be nice to show a bit of community spirit and encourage you to meet your neighbours''
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
mis-deliveries?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
I once had a letter for Mr "Smith" at 95 but i knew he lived at 93 so being the top class,professional postie i delivered it to 93.
Mrs "Smith" came out the next day and told me i had delivered this letter through the wrong door.
I said..."but it's for your husband".
She said..."Yes it is but he's moved in with that bitch next door".

Mrs "Smith" came out the next day and told me i had delivered this letter through the wrong door.
I said..."but it's for your husband".
She said..."Yes it is but he's moved in with that bitch next door".
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Mail always goes to the address written on the item, names are to be ignored, its the responsibility of the sender to write the correct address and I'm not in the habit of upgrading my OPG status to higher management and self-authorising a change of delivery point.
Usually when I mis-deliver (more often than not mail meant for next door to where I've just posted, rather than "right number wrong road" type), its crazy how many times I realise what I've done a split-second after its too late and the mail has gone beyond the letterbox! I then knock to try and retieve the mail, but 9 times out of 10 I end up getting no repsonse and have to leave a grovel note.
Usually when I mis-deliver (more often than not mail meant for next door to where I've just posted, rather than "right number wrong road" type), its crazy how many times I realise what I've done a split-second after its too late and the mail has gone beyond the letterbox! I then knock to try and retieve the mail, but 9 times out of 10 I end up getting no repsonse and have to leave a grovel note.
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Ya I meant 0.8.. the point remains though!JP1 wrote:How is it 0.008%? If you misdelivered to 6 out of 600 delivery points, that's 1%.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
fishtank wrote:I once had a letter for Mr "Smith" at 95 but i knew he lived at 93 so being the top class,professional postie i delivered it to 93.
Mrs "Smith" came out the next day and told me i had delivered this letter through the wrong door.
I said..."but it's for your husband".
She said..."Yes it is but he's moved in with that bitch next door".
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Don't waste time leaving a grovel note. Nobody gives a f*ck. I certainly don't give a f*ck. I was on a new walk once and misdelivered half a street of mail (made one mistake and it ... followed on). I shrugged my shoulders and scarpered, sharpish. Next day, because this was a reasonable street full of nice people, we all had a laugh about it - after I vociferously denied any wrongdoing of course. Albeit with a cheeky smile. There's a lot you can get away with when you're young and handsome (well, handsome is a relative thing within Royal Mail. Handsomer, one might say. I guess to be handsome relative to your average postie is simply to have a nose, eyes and ears, all in the right places).IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:but 9 times out of 10 I end up getting no repsonse and have to leave a grovel note.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Had a guy follow me up the road today with some missorted mail. Believe it or not it is walksequenced mail for an address in the next village. Has the correct postcode on, so what the f.ck are these machines reading. Anyway this has happened a couple of times, my job sharer has also delivered it. Today he bellowed at me having walked half mile to find me. 'Why don,t you read the fckng mail before you put it through my fcking door.' I just turned round to him and said if you had walked the other f.cking way you would have found a mail box much quicker.
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
It's nigh on impossible not to mis deliver considering how many items we have to deal with a day! I was lucky on Saturday delivered a tracked parcel to an address '6 The Street, Bury St Edmunds', it had been put in my parcel sack. Never even thought twice about it and delivered said item. Luckily the recipient is a former postie and handed it back to me and said 'wrong village mate'. Just about every village in Suffolk has it's main street called 'The Street'. My fault for not checking the name and post code mind but still being quite new in the job and on floating rounds I not got me head round the post codes yet!
Generally I have found people ok with mid deliveries, not had any GBH in the earhole as yet but sure it will happen at some point!
Generally I have found people ok with mid deliveries, not had any GBH in the earhole as yet but sure it will happen at some point!
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
I had one woman point to a large stone, about rugby ball size with a number painted on it.skull wrote:Honeybeesuckle wrote:What happens if i mis deliver a letter? or a packet?
If I'm on a duty I don't know it's almost guaranteed I''ll mis-deliver at some point. Some will come back with a response "we have a number" and point to some obscure place like the garage roofing eaves.
yes i had to agree it was very clearly painted.
but suggested the rock would be better placed by the door than in the flower bed.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
confusing house numbering is a bugger as well, on the round I'm doing this week the houses are numbered thus... 3,4,5,6,2,1,9,8,7 
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: mis-deliveries?
Used to have a street where the odds and evens swapped sides several times as you went down it.
Currently have a street where 20+ houses have another house with the same number down the street with different postcodes.
Currently have a street where 20+ houses have another house with the same number down the street with different postcodes.
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Last week a bloke comes out and says I have mis-delivered his mail 6 times to nearby houses. This week his neighbour but one says, I have had other houses mail 5 times (including this geezers). She had left me a note in case she did not see me personally. I queried saying "5 times" and she said yes. When I read the note later, it said 4 times she had had the wrong mail. If I leave it long enough it will never have happened (or only oncefishtank wrote:The customer will come out and tell you it's the 500th time this has happened this week even though it's the second time in 20 years.Honeybeesuckle wrote:What happens if i mis deliver a letter? or a packet?
It happens to everyone....it's no big deal.
The trick is not to do it twice to the same address....or three times etc....
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: mis-deliveries?
Crikey.taurus88 wrote:[...... young and handsome (well, handsome is a relative thing within Royal Mail. Handsomer, one might say. I guess to be handsome relative to your average postie is simply to have a nose, eyes and ears, all in the right places).
No wonder you expect sex more than just every Sunday.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Definitely mis-delivered today. Being a Man Utd fan that Aguero goal just won't go away and as effected my sleep and concentration . Sunday was just to much of an emotional rollercoaster ride and i'm mentally drained
.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: mis-deliveries?
Not wanting to stray OT too much but do you ever get to the door to find the item has 'does not live here' scrawled in the top left corner opr a tiny 'RTS' on the bottom right? Arghhhhhhh. If they put a cross through the address it would have been killed off but now your at the door with the bloddy thing. I used to take them back but now they go through and if they answer the door they get a quick lesson in the correct way to endorse a refused letter.