The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ice-Skate Trainers
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
The Mags are the worse by far.
The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped.
The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20318607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;krussel wrote:The Mags are the worse by far.![]()
The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped.
Not much more expensive than CATs
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
KDHULL
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 10 Jan 2011, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
As for stairs outside , they should all be banned full stop.
Write a letter (via dom) to all residents saying put a box at GROUND level or no mail .
I had 17 outside steps to flats once on a duty and got them reduced to nil straight after my first trip. All were obliging and were in my favour.
Write a letter (via dom) to all residents saying put a box at GROUND level or no mail .
I had 17 outside steps to flats once on a duty and got them reduced to nil straight after my first trip. All were obliging and were in my favour.
-
moleymole
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 24 May 2011, 11:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.
Last edited by moleymole on 08 May 2012, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
Yes, those aren't my rules, they are RMs rules and fall foul of them and you'll get a warning, maybe not happening in England yet but it is here in NI and so will be coming to you soon.moleymole wrote:Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Twat. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
The aggressive case management of "incidents" on delivery appears to walk hand in hand with the roll out of World Class Mail.
Aiming for being accident free and being free of reported accidents isn't the same.
We have managers doing outdoor observations to ensure people are using handrails correctly. Any incident involving non use of the handrail will now be down to the postman.
And I'm always really suspicious of places that have those signs up saying "9 million days free of accidents".
Who wants to be the one to return it back to zero?
Aiming for being accident free and being free of reported accidents isn't the same.
We have managers doing outdoor observations to ensure people are using handrails correctly. Any incident involving non use of the handrail will now be down to the postman.
And I'm always really suspicious of places that have those signs up saying "9 million days free of accidents".
Who wants to be the one to return it back to zero?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Toby Tyke
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
Cat trainers in our local cheap and nasty shop £12 a pair.DGP1 wrote:Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh waitToby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"£80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks
![]()
![]()
(is that liable?).
Could not see if the royal mail tag had been cut off or not
Karrimor walking shoes £25 from local Sports Direct. Get a pair and take receipt in and claim it back from manager.
Quite a few of us have done this in our office. You can claim up to £30.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
Is that liable for what?DGP1 wrote:Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh waitToby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"£80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks
![]()
![]()
(is that liable?).
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
Being buried under the patioTeeferTiger wrote:Is that liable for what?DGP1 wrote:Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh waitToby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"£80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks
![]()
![]()
(is that liable?).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
montriff
- Posts: 243
- Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
£70 wow give me £50 and ill source my own shoesDGP1 wrote:http://www.catfootwear.com/UK/en-GB/Pro ... mensions=0
You can put your own review innot that I would suggest doing anything stupid
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
A spanking - you know what he's like teeferTeeferTiger wrote:Is that liable for what?DGP1 wrote:Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh waitToby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"£80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks
![]()
![]()
(is that liable?).
-
moleymole
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 24 May 2011, 11:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ice-Skate Trainers
No-one's said anything like that to me, though I've only been doing this 9 months? Is that the same for all basement steps in NI, or just the dodgy ones? Surely that means that some people don't get mail for days on end when the weather's crap?DGP1 wrote:Yes, those aren't my rules, they are RMs rules and fall foul of them and you'll get a warning, maybe not happening in England yet but it is here in NI and so will be coming to you soon.moleymole wrote:Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.