ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Radio in you office?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
But you do make up for everything in the naughty room :wink:
I class that as a night in DG :angel
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

blue1873 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
So whats your favourite song then
"Hey there Lonely boy" :crazy:
No it's actually A Four Legged Friend...........in honour of my beloved border collie. :neutral: You know the old advert "You're never alone with a dog"
briantwigley
Posts: 135
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by briantwigley »

Radios on in mine, but its from about 1976.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

blue1873 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
So whats your favourite song then
"Hey there Lonely boy" :crazy:

There's plenty of talent out there still -
Image
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

5plusbonusball wrote:
blue1873 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
So whats your favourite song then
"Hey there Lonely boy" :crazy:

There's plenty of talent out there still -
Image
At what cost though..................no no I didn't mean that sort of cost :shock:
flyingsam
Posts: 74
Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 17:05
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by flyingsam »

5plusbonusball wrote:It was invented over 100 years ago and has grown pretty popular but all the offices i've worked in have a pretty poor radio in the background if it is even on at all!
All we ask is for a clear signal like DAB quietly on in the background, with the local station on so we know what's going on with the traffic, weather and news etc. I think it raises morale and makes us miserable when it's not on. Come on rm buy some dabs for us all. Anyone else's office got a poor radio or music system ?? And I expect a good reception from you all ! :Very Happy
You are a lucky office to have a radio,We have diabetic people in our office that need to keep their medicine cool,we have been asking for a fridge for over 6 months for this purpose,and also to keep our drinks cold in hot summer months,and we are still waiting.We have to keep the medicine and milk in cold water.Health sand safety at RM is a joke.O and by the way,mail is down 25% again this week. :Very Happy
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by Royal_Fail »

We have a big HDTV playing rmtv but still get tortured with local radio and people singing along to same songs every morning!! :arrrghhh
flyingsam
Posts: 74
Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 17:05
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by flyingsam »

Royal_Fail wrote:We have a big HDTV playing rmtv but still get tortured with local radio and people singing along to same songs every morning!! :arrrghhh
f--- me,your office sounds like our office.every day is the same. mail down 25% don't forget. :Very Happy
combo_king
Posts: 96
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by combo_king »

local station on the mw frequency, awful music awful chat awful singing along lol, just listen to my ipod
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by kawoxux »

used to be OK, but they moved all the frames about.. so now the speakers (in the roof) are in the wrong place and you cant hear it where most of the frames are now
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by krussel »

I must admit we have a pretty good hifi system with an outside fm aerial. Most people bring in burned cd's or plug in their mp3 players etc.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
happymackem
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
Gender: Male
Location: in the land of the mackems

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by happymackem »

doorstepped wrote:The only radio station we can recieve properly is Magic FM.

and its soo easy to tell the time listening to it without even wearing a watch.

7:44 Adele
7:49 monkees - daydream beliver
7:52 queen - kind of magic
7:56 Jar of hearts
8:00 News
8:04 tracey chapman - fast car

same tunes at the same time every day, except around xmas time when they use the only other cd in the building
hey gold is the same,same songs,same time everyday its fooking shite
why do we need a radio on at all????
happymackem
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
Gender: Male
Location: in the land of the mackems

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by happymackem »

kawoxux wrote:used to be OK, but they moved all the frames about.. so now the speakers (in the roof) are in the wrong place and you cant hear it where most of the frames are now
you lucky lucky people
it drives ne crazy in fact i had a breakdown because of the LOUD music above my head :cry
tommythreesheds
Posts: 89
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 15:02
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by tommythreesheds »

Chris (i'm not funny really, but at least my team think i am) Moyles :arrrghhh ....Mon to effing fri, and then Radio One again sat's. It sucks beyond belief. My headphones are put in a lot more often these days.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by fishtank »

tommythreesheds wrote:Chris (i'm not funny really, but at least my team think i am) Moyles.
Not Chris(What will we talk about today? Me,Me or Me) Moyles.
0630-1000 "I've lost weight"news,song,"i've put on weight again",news,song,"i got drunk last night",news,song,"i'm off the drink again",news,song,car park catchphrase....end.
I think he's feckin hilarious. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share