ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Union Reps Wakeup

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by Stormproof »

custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by beanmuncha »

Why wait for your rep to make the first move ? A few weeks back one new guy slightly twisted his ankle on delivery and I noticed him limping the next day. So I asked what happened and had he reported it. He said he did not want to hassle the manager so I went with him into the office and got him started reporting it. :wink:
I wish there was more like you. :Applause

I didn't start this off to back stab or put down Union Reps as i am one myself but just to open our eyes a bit more to what is going on around us.
I read two topics yesterday on here so how many more are there that don't get mentioned about RM getting work for nothing, 15hrs for nowt that's crazy!
i know you can say he's mad for doing it but if we the collective don't educate him and others, it will go on and on.
You can't blame the Branches cause they are never there, they can't fix what they don't see or hear about.
it's upto us and our members as krussel pointed out.
If you see a problem - see if you can help.
If you see a problem and can't help - point the person in the right direction.
If its a big problem get the rep straight away.
If you see a new face - introduce yourself and point out the rep.

Well said Trueblueterrier. :Applause
reps(we have two) are too busy getting out the door/carving up duties to help noobs.
I try and give guidance/advice where i see them
.

And Custard if the reps you voted in are not doing their job get rid and elect new ones. :hmmmm

I'm sorry if i've annoyed any hard working reps but for RM to get away with this someone is turning a blind eye
and it has just got my back up that this goes on. :evil/mad
So anyone whose annoyed at me sorry. :sad:
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by Lincox »

Kruss :Applause :Applause :Applause . Well done mate. Their are not too many of what you are made of. This fear of not having a contract renewed is a blight on many work places, and if Dingo is reading, I would ask that this is raised at the next meeting between the Postal executive and Royal Mail and that the membership are provided with a briefing of what has been discussed and any likely outcome. I am assuming of course that Dingo has that access/authority.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??
I think he might be chatting you up :wink:

If you want I can leave you two in the naughty room for a while :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??
I think he might be chatting you up :wink:

If you want I can leave you two in the naughty room for a while :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
Is there room for a little one :oops:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??
I think he might be chatting you up :wink:

If you want I can leave you two in the naughty room for a while :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
Is there room for a little one :oops:
Well, if you're allowed to join in then I want to have a little input :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by not me »

Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by Stormproof »

custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Perhaps I will stop the 'usual line' when people stop bitching about the job their Rep is doing and actually get off their arse and do the job themselves. Stick to posting in the MSE Forum Custard you have plenty of people that will listen to you in there.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Perhaps I will stop the 'usual line' when people stop bitching about the job their Rep is doing and actually get off their arse and do the job themselves. Stick to posting in the MSE Forum Custard you have plenty of people that will listen to you in there.
I thought you two had kissed and made up :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by fishtank »

I can see both points. :angel
Members are entitled to decent representation without having to take the job on themselves and in some offices reps are kept in place by looking after their buddies but if members are moaning without even trying to make some kind of difference then it's kinda pointless moaning here because there isn't much we can do other than offer advice.
Splinters/arse/fence sitting me. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by Stormproof »

fishtank wrote:I can see both points. :angel
Members are entitled to decent representation without having to take the job on themselves and in some offices reps are kept in place by looking after their buddies but if members are moaning without even trying to make some kind of difference then it's kinda pointless moaning here because there isn't much we can do other than offer advice.
Splinters/arse/fence sitting me. :neutral:
I know where you are coming from FT. But if there is a serious problem with a rep abusing his position or not willing to help the members out something needs to be done. My Rep has had a bit of a wake up call since I've had my training so he has had to step up to the mark. Perhaps people should go for the sub position and then they too can step in officially to help the members out with problems.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by not me »

Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Perhaps I will stop the 'usual line' when people stop bitching about the job their Rep is doing and actually get off their arse and do the job themselves. Stick to posting in the MSE Forum Custard you have plenty of people that will listen to you in there.
see what I mean.
I have told you before.
I have no interest in being a rep,I have no interest in RM.
I believe a rep needs both and it should be a vocation,not a means to an easier duty.
seems as a sub paying member I am worthless unless a rep.
I do my 'job',shame the union (as I see it day to day) does little to help bar lip service to doing the job properly.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by General Mannerheim »

I will repeat it again what happends when an office puts in a petition against the two clowns in question and sends it off to the branch to ensure a fair election but the branch feckin ignores it??...it's alright you saying well why don't you do the reps job but when a vote of no confidence is blatantly ignored what then???
There are plenty of people willing to do the `job` of rep in our office but are not pals with management so I guess the branch doesn't want reps who they can't `control` or are only looking after No.1 and getting a cushy number,now that the cwu is a 2nd tier managemental tool to control the postie population against taking the feckers to a tribunal or dealing with grievances properly it will only get worse. :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
jagger
Posts: 182
Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by jagger »

custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Perhaps I will stop the 'usual line' when people stop bitching about the job their Rep is doing and actually get off their arse and do the job themselves. Stick to posting in the MSE Forum Custard you have plenty of people that will listen to you in there.
see what I mean.

I have told you before.
I have no interest in being a rep,I have no interest in RM.
I believe a rep needs both and it should be a vocation,not a means to an easier duty.
seems as a sub paying member I am worthless unless a rep.
I do my 'job',shame the union (as I see it day to day) does little to help bar lip service to doing the job properly.
I'm with you Custard. If someone chooses to be a rep they should do the job properly. I've NEVER known a rep who wasn't on a right good screw. Would i do it myself? No. Too many other commitments. But i pay my subs and am allowed my opinion. I'm sure many reps do a great job, for the right reasons. But many reps do it for their own [and their mates) benefit and f@*k the rest of us.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: Union Reps Wakeup

Post by newtimes »

jagger wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
custard wrote:
Stormproof wrote:If you have a problem with your Rep do something about it, instead of tarring us all as useless. Stand against your Rep when there is an election.

I have to say my branch are on the ball regarding training.

your usual line I see
Meaning??

that your answer to any citicism of rep(s) is that person should stand as a rep.
Perhaps I will stop the 'usual line' when people stop bitching about the job their Rep is doing and actually get off their arse and do the job themselves. Stick to posting in the MSE Forum Custard you have plenty of people that will listen to you in there.
see what I mean.

I have told you before.
I have no interest in being a rep,I have no interest in RM.
I believe a rep needs both and it should be a vocation,not a means to an easier duty.
seems as a sub paying member I am worthless unless a rep.
I do my 'job',shame the union (as I see it day to day) does little to help bar lip service to doing the job properly.
I'm with you Custard. If someone chooses to be a rep they should do the job properly. I've NEVER known a rep who wasn't on a right good screw. Would i do it myself? No. Too many other commitments. But i pay my subs and am allowed my opinion. I'm sure many reps do a great job, for the right reasons. But many reps do it for their own [and their mates) benefit and f@*k the rest of us.
I agree