ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
starting next weeks door to doors early!!
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
I think some of the replies in this thread show how one-eyed the lot of you can be.
nothing wrong with a bit of initiative like the guy has shown here as he's taken advantage of the tools at his disposal.
I can't help but some people just go in every day spoiling for a fight with management. Believe it or not, others just want to do their job and will happilly claim a bit if they go over.
nothing wrong with a bit of initiative like the guy has shown here as he's taken advantage of the tools at his disposal.
I can't help but some people just go in every day spoiling for a fight with management. Believe it or not, others just want to do their job and will happilly claim a bit if they go over.
-
factorycat
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 19 Mar 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
well said....Mr Blonde wrote:I think some of the replies in this thread show how one-eyed the lot of you can be.
nothing wrong with a bit of initiative like the guy has shown here as he's taken advantage of the tools at his disposal.
I can't help but some people just go in every day spoiling for a fight with management. Believe it or not, others just want to do their job and will happilly claim a bit if they go over.
your not as blonde as your name says.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Mr Blonde wrote:I think some of the replies in this thread show how one-eyed the lot of you can be.
nothing wrong with a bit of initiative like the guy has shown here as he's taken advantage of the tools at his disposal.
I can't help but some people just go in every day spoiling for a fight with management. Believe it or not, others just want to do their job and will happilly claim a bit if they go over.
I think you'll find these people "spoiling for a fight" have a better grasp of the bigger picture than you do. Cutting the job up leads to job losses and is one of the reasons we are in this mess we're in now!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
I think you'll find there's management about or halfwits
Bye
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Shingles?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Question is what plan are these people going to come up with for the Jubilee Week when we start on a Wednesday
Bye
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
how can you defend a practice that undermines everbody .
you get out earlier on a monday as a result and you become the benchmarck for speedy.
and the manager is is questioning the performance of people who do the job properly.
ill happily debate with these mental giants but i think their beyond help.
you get out earlier on a monday as a result and you become the benchmarck for speedy.
and the manager is is questioning the performance of people who do the job properly.
ill happily debate with these mental giants but i think their beyond help.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Your right, nothing wrong with a bit of initiative, but this was not initiative it was delivering outside specifications. A company, large or small, has paid for their advertising material to be delivered within a set period, this postie has, on his own, decided to deliver early. Hopefully everything in this case is okay but one of RMs agreements is that competing items are not delivered during the same time period. Sometimes the D2Ds are time sensitive, there are many pitfalls with delivering D2Ds out of spec for which Royal Mail may be asked to explain to the customer and have to compensate.Mr Blonde wrote:I think some of the replies in this thread show how one-eyed the lot of you can be.
nothing wrong with a bit of initiative like the guy has shown here as he's taken advantage of the tools at his disposal.
Now if he decided to do the same on a quiet Tuesday that would be within spec and under the 2010 agreement probably okay - not something I would recommend though.
Nothing wrong in that, in fact I welcome it as long as its voluntary, and as long as it gets paid. But I don't think anyone on here is spoiling for a fight with management, in fact my first thought when I see a confrontation looming is "Oh no not again".Mr Blonde wrote:I can't help but some people just go in every day spoiling for a fight with management. Believe it or not, others just want to do their job and will happily claim a bit if they go over.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Put them up in your own time !
Come in early to prep them !
Come in on your week off to prep them !
All for about £20
Not on your Nellie
They are in the work load now, 15mins per day, that's what they get, any left over on Sat, Lino gets told which ones I haven't had time to prep.
I used to get over £40 for my D2D's, they can go screw if they want me to deliver more for less, RM set the standard, so work to it.
Come in early to prep them !
Come in on your week off to prep them !
All for about £20
Not on your Nellie
They are in the work load now, 15mins per day, that's what they get, any left over on Sat, Lino gets told which ones I haven't had time to prep.
I used to get over £40 for my D2D's, they can go screw if they want me to deliver more for less, RM set the standard, so work to it.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Yes, I have witnessed this but they came on a Tuesdaycustard wrote:best bit is when they get more on Monday
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Lateagainpostie wrote:Put them up in your own time !
Come in early to prep them !
Come in on your week off to prep them !
All for about £20
Not on your Nellie
They are in the work load now, 15mins per day, that's what they get, any left over on Sat, Lino gets told which ones I haven't had time to prep.
I used to get over £40 for my D2D's, they can go screw if they want me to deliver more for less, RM set the standard, so work to it.
Wrong! You have time to prep them!
Don't know whether you will have time to deliver them though!
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
Isn't that what I said ?Biker Mouse wrote:Lateagainpostie wrote:Put them up in your own time !
Come in early to prep them !
Come in on your week off to prep them !
All for about £20
Not on your Nellie
They are in the work load now, 15mins per day, that's what they get, any left over on Sat, Lino gets told which ones I haven't had time to prep.
I used to get over £40 for my D2D's, they can go screw if they want me to deliver more for less, RM set the standard, so work to it.
Wrong! You have time to prep them!![]()
Don't know whether you will have time to deliver them though!
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
No.Lateagainpostie wrote:Isn't that what I said ?
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
It is how I read it !bigcol wrote:No.Lateagainpostie wrote:Isn't that what I said ?
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: starting next weeks door to doors early!!
No,you said you "tell Lino which ones you haven't had time to prep", you DO have time to prep them ALL! This will reduce your delivery time! Simples!Lateagainpostie wrote:Isn't that what I said ?Biker Mouse wrote:Lateagainpostie wrote:Put them up in your own time !
Come in early to prep them !
Come in on your week off to prep them !
All for about £20
Not on your Nellie
They are in the work load now, 15mins per day, that's what they get, any left over on Sat, Lino gets told which ones I haven't had time to prep.
I used to get over £40 for my D2D's, they can go screw if they want me to deliver more for less, RM set the standard, so work to it.
Wrong! You have time to prep them!![]()
Don't know whether you will have time to deliver them though!