ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Another job
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
Amazing aint it. In some areas people are getting harassed and abused for working to their hours. ie. The management expect overtime to be done in order to complete. In other areas the overtime has dried up. What does this mean as far as BT2010 is concerned which states that the opportunity for SA and overtime is a key consideration in the revision process.
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Another job
Tried your local Mailcentre,always plenty going at our place?
same as it ever was...
-
jagger
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
Fat Cats? We have postmen in our office earning £40k+ a year. Mainly union reps, though.maisymoo04 wrote:its posts like this that royal mail should be ashamed.you have staff lookin for other work coz the moneys sh@@.why the hell should we look for work when we do f@@@ more then the fat cats who our on 40-50k a year makes me sick![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Another job
hayes and ward must be given them backhanders to push it in (and the methods)jagger wrote:Fat Cats? We have postmen in our office earning £40k+ a year. Mainly union reps, though.maisymoo04 wrote:its posts like this that royal mail should be ashamed.you have staff lookin for other work coz the moneys sh@@.why the hell should we look for work when we do f@@@ more then the fat cats who our on 40-50k a year makes me sick![]()
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
Thanks, yes the MC was what the "somewhere" was about in my original post. Unfortunately the mail centre I used to go to has either shut or is shutting so every time I ask about OT now the answer is 'No' you can also add some 'rules' the DOM has instigated that makes/made going to a MC almost impossible.hubbahubba wrote:Tried your local Mailcentre,always plenty going at our place?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
What can you do???? I used to do about 100 hours OT over the Christmas period this year.... zilch! Since January 1st I've done a total of 19 hours OT mainly working my rest days. I'm pretty desperate but as I said what can you do??Lincox wrote:Amazing aint it. In some areas people are getting harassed and abused for working to their hours. ie. The management expect overtime to be done in order to complete. In other areas the overtime has dried up. What does this mean as far as BT2010 is concerned which states that the opportunity for SA and overtime is a key consideration in the revision process.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Another job
How about cash in hand for colleaguesIndy wrote:What can you do???? I used to do about 100 hours OT over the Christmas period this year.... zilch! Since January 1st I've done a total of 19 hours OT mainly working my rest days. I'm pretty desperate but as I said what can you do??Lincox wrote:Amazing aint it. In some areas people are getting harassed and abused for working to their hours. ie. The management expect overtime to be done in order to complete. In other areas the overtime has dried up. What does this mean as far as BT2010 is concerned which states that the opportunity for SA and overtime is a key consideration in the revision process.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
10 years ago this company had more than 100 people taking (can't say earning cos they don't earn it) over £100.000 a year.maisymoo04 wrote:its posts like this that royal mail should be ashamed.you have staff lookin for other work coz the moneys sh@@.why the hell should we look for work when we do f@@@ more then the fat cats who our on 40-50k a year makes me sick![]()
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Another job
Just hugely frustrating when it comes to OT really. DOM has implemented new rules regarding 'out of office' OT and along with that cut the hours for 'in office' OT i.e (from memory) belated's paid at 6 1/2 hrs, Rest days 7hrs