non driver
Is there enough work in your D.O for ALL PT who want to be FT to be FT?
Ive got a PT 30 hour contract (was a FT who left RML and then rejoined a few years later (last year) who wants to be FT but we havent the work for him at this monet in time. He works on the basis of prep and delivery only. If he was to be made FT the only difference to his day would obvisouly be different attendance times and I.P.S
However there is no need for any more O.P.G's on I.P. S
Im hoping that due to FT and a 30 hour retiring later this year combined with our over the hills and far away walk sequencing/delivery methods revision will enable him to move up to a FT contract.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
never going on strike for that union again!
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Non driver I dont want to be flippant but when has the union ever asked for you to go out on strike in order to get non drivers made up to full time against driving duties ?
I know your frustrated that the only vacancies available in your office to be filled by part time staff going to full time was driving duties. Clearly no company in the world and no union in the world would argue for an indivdual to be made up against a driving duty who cannot driver.
Hopefully soon a non driving vacanacy will come up in your office which you can sign for and then become full time. To blame the union for what they did in your office is a shortsighted on your part.
I know your frustrated that the only vacancies available in your office to be filled by part time staff going to full time was driving duties. Clearly no company in the world and no union in the world would argue for an indivdual to be made up against a driving duty who cannot driver.
Hopefully soon a non driving vacanacy will come up in your office which you can sign for and then become full time. To blame the union for what they did in your office is a shortsighted on your part.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Perhaps the CWU should have argued for non driver to be taught to drive paid for by RML?
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Daz I think unfortunately Non driver cannot driver on medical grounds . Look plenty of part timers and fixed term contract have been made up to full time or been made permanent but it has always been based on wether an indivdual can do the duty which is vacant.Big Daz wrote:Perhaps the CWU should have argued for non driver to be taught to drive paid for by RML?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Not likely if the manager is allowed to designate any full-time duty as a driving duty.dingo wrote:Hopefully soon a non driving vacanacy will come up in your office which you can sign for and then become full time. To blame the union for what they did in your office is a shortsighted on your part.
What makes it a driving duty,the fact that during delivery there is some driving required.
If that's the case then why does it need to be full-time?
Why can't the non-driving half of the CDV pair be full-time?
Of course that's assuming the manager hasn't been allowed to bypass seniority altogether and designate ALL CDV duties as driving.
Something Royal Mail's own guidance advises against because of the danger of being left with mainly non-driving part-time reserves which after a delivery methods revision are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
You are correct Fishtank one of the CDV pairings in my office has a full time non driver and a part time driver, the full timer does most of the indoor workfishtank wrote:Not likely if the manager is allowed to designate any full-time duty as a driving duty.dingo wrote:Hopefully soon a non driving vacanacy will come up in your office which you can sign for and then become full time. To blame the union for what they did in your office is a shortsighted on your part.
What makes it a driving duty,the fact that during delivery there is some driving required.
If that's the case then why does it need to be full-time?
Why can't the non-driving half of the CDV pair be full-time?
Of course that's assuming the manager hasn't been allowed to bypass seniority altogether and designate ALL CDV duties as driving.
Something Royal Mail's own guidance advises against because of the danger of being left with mainly non-driving part-time reserves which after a delivery methods revision are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Fish my understanding or this case from non drivers posting is that there has been a resign of duties within the office and the only jobs which are left are full time driving CDV jobs and as he does not driver or can drive he is complaining that he has lost the opportunity to get a full time job. my opinion was that If the only jobs which were available we're driving duties then of course only those who could drive would be considered.
-
non-driver7
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 11:04
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
What happened was the union rep done the repick wrong he basically put drivers with drivers on p&l then when the repick was finished they realised they didn't have enough drivers hence me getting passed up for full time. This isn't just happening in my office and the only thing I've been shortsighted about is trusting the union to sort this s**t out its not fair that we are being discriminated against because of our apparent disability. Medically I'm fine and I can learn to drive but in these tough economic times how can I possibly afford to?
Damn right I'm angry I done overtime regular for the first 5 years of my employment even seen me do a delivery on top of my own delivery. And never had any complaints about me not being able to drive.
When this transformation goes tits up and we get privatised I hope the union sticks up for all of you cos I can safely say I have been let down for the last time.
Damn right I'm angry I done overtime regular for the first 5 years of my employment even seen me do a delivery on top of my own delivery. And never had any complaints about me not being able to drive.
When this transformation goes tits up and we get privatised I hope the union sticks up for all of you cos I can safely say I have been let down for the last time.
-
non-driver7
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 11:04
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Oh and by the way my p&l partner has been coming In early on overtime and prepping us for the past 5 weeks, why couldn't they share the hours amongst us non drivers? Cos we've all put grievances in that's what management are like pathetic little jumped up pr**s.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: never going on strike for that union again!
Well it might be of some cold comfort to you to say that the P&L on our first revision was also designed for two drivers, but subsequent experience showed that not only could non-drivers be part of a P&L team but they didn't need to be full time either. The driver could be part time and the non-driver could be the double prepper. It really does depend on how the hours within your office have been planned. Still on the brighter side there have been a number of changes to the make up of the duties which have required more full time duties as time has gone on, because as you know the planning of these revisions really does leave a lot to be desired.non-driver7 wrote:What happened was the union rep done the repick wrong he basically put drivers with drivers on p&l then when the repick was finished they realised they didn't have enough drivers hence me getting passed up for full time. This isn't just happening in my office and the only thing I've been shortsighted about is trusting the union to sort this s**t out its not fair that we are being discriminated against because of our apparent disability. Medically I'm fine and I can learn to drive but in these tough economic times how can I possibly afford to?
Damn right I'm angry I done overtime regular for the first 5 years of my employment even seen me do a delivery on top of my own delivery. And never had any complaints about me not being able to drive.
When this transformation goes tits up and we get privatised I hope the union sticks up for all of you cos I can safely say I have been let down for the last time.