I too was biiten on Monday 26th March by a large labrador. The wound is about 1.5 inches long and missed my tendon by a fraction. I had 6 stitches and have so far had to attend hospital a furthur 3 times to get the dressing changed. The stitches are due to come out this Thursday and I am expected to go back to work on Saturday.
The house where I was bitten does not have a fence or gate so I normally just walk up to the front door and post the letters through, on this occasion the cleaner/house keeper opened the door unaware I was there, the dog came out and as I handed the mail over the dog bit me. She was very apologetic and was almost in tears at the severity of the bite.
I have been off work for a week now and although the pain has reduced the wound is still tender.
I understand that the assistant DOM has written to the owners but has not received a reply.
Is it worth me claiming, I am still being paid but obviously missing out on overtime, if I do claim any ideas on how much to claim for ?