ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

need shorts...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: need shorts...

Post by P13 »

POSTMAN wrote:What is it with the beef with uniform with this firm?
Anyway,I always order a size larger for shorts as they fit better (The old blue style ones that is),i'm not an 80's footballer anymore,so that's a size 30" for me. ;liar
Is that the inside leg :Very Happy
Johnny Remo
Posts: 48
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 07:24
Gender: Male

Re: need shorts...

Post by Johnny Remo »

DirtyHarry wrote:Crikey, is it that time of the year already? :roll:

Keep 'em covered lads, there's nothing on this whole wide world more pathetic, than the awful sight of your bandy, weedy, pasty legs, topped off with some of the knobbliest knees in Christendom.
:Very Happy
Don't worry - you won't be seeing so many knobbly knees with the new "shorts..."
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: need shorts...

Post by mazza111 »

I must be a weird shape, I actually liked the shorts. Although, did think they were a wee bit on the long side. That's one thing I do miss about the job. Getting my legs tanned without sitting in the sun for hours.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: need shorts...

Post by DirtyHarry »

Johnny Remo wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:Crikey, is it that time of the year already? :roll:

Keep 'em covered lads, there's nothing on this whole wide world more pathetic, than the awful sight of your bandy, weedy, pasty legs, topped off with some of the knobbliest knees in Christendom.
:Very Happy
Don't worry - you won't be seeing so many knobbly knees with the new "shorts..."
Thank Fark for that!
In the summer at my DO, I sometimes think I'm on the set of the film, "TOBRUK", or, "I WAS MONTY'S DOUBLE." How we won EL ALAMEIN with troops wearing those ridiculous shorts, I'll never know. Perhaps, the Germans were laughing so much, we took 'em by surprise. :Very Happy
thecyclingexpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
Gender: Male

Re: need shorts...

Post by thecyclingexpostie »

well i rang up, quoted staff number and there was no record of me :crazy:

anyway, they set up a new user account asked if i was a new starter (said no), and they then just asked what size and one pair or two. should be here in 3-4 days (by which time we'll have seen the back of the sunshine, no doubt) :nana

maybe i can order more stuff, if what i have hasn't gone against my name… :evil/mad
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: need shorts...

Post by doorstepped »

I always wear my own shorts because RM's are just too long and make me look like Freddie starr doing his Hitler impression with my boots on as well, they come halfway down my calfs.

I have got dark blue ones which of course now the uniform has changed to gray, but the DIM has not said anything about me wearing them.