Ring bell, knock using letterbox flap twice (hard).
Wait a bit
Ring bell and knock again
Write 739
Post 739
...
"Postie! I didn't hear you!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
-
BoxcarBob
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: "The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
I remember someone on these forums posted that its usually women who come out and complain that you are knocking too loud, whereas blokes will come out and say you are not knocking loud enough.
And in my experience this is 100% correct so far.
On an unrelated note, personally I just hate the people who outright lie about not hearing the doorbell/knocking go. I had a parcel for this one house and rang the bell a few times (heard it go) then knocked on the door. No answer, so I posted a card through and as I was walking off a woman sticks her head out the window and says shes in, then when she opens the door (in dressing gown, blatantly just got out of bed) she has the cheek to have a go at me saying she would have heard the doorbell going! She even pressed it a couple of times and looked at me saying she would have heard that.
So yeah you didnt hear me ring the bell, didnt hear me knock, but you somehow magically heard me post a you were out card through your letterbox....Some people.....she was right at the start of my walk aswell so she put in a bad mood for the day.
And in my experience this is 100% correct so far.
On an unrelated note, personally I just hate the people who outright lie about not hearing the doorbell/knocking go. I had a parcel for this one house and rang the bell a few times (heard it go) then knocked on the door. No answer, so I posted a card through and as I was walking off a woman sticks her head out the window and says shes in, then when she opens the door (in dressing gown, blatantly just got out of bed) she has the cheek to have a go at me saying she would have heard the doorbell going! She even pressed it a couple of times and looked at me saying she would have heard that.
So yeah you didnt hear me ring the bell, didnt hear me knock, but you somehow magically heard me post a you were out card through your letterbox....Some people.....she was right at the start of my walk aswell so she put in a bad mood for the day.
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
Re: "The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
Awkward f*ckers like that suddenly find themselves to be the last delivery on my walk.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: "The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
Glad im not the only one that does thatPostman Plodd wrote:Awkward f*ckers like that suddenly find themselves to be the last delivery on my walk.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: "The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
Also glad that i'm not the only one it annoys...... however i go the other way and try to get to that house as early as possible especially on saturdays just to make sure they are in bed. Even small petty victories go down in the history books as victories.Stormproof wrote:Glad im not the only one that does thatPostman Plodd wrote:Awkward f*ckers like that suddenly find themselves to be the last delivery on my walk.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: "The door bell doesn't work, please knock"
just fixed ours after seeing this thread 