ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
I thought you were made of sterner stuff in that part of the world, TBT.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Now that is a bike fit for purpose. Once all these P&L revisions are in place, and Royal Mail calculate their fuel bill, they are going to hit the panic button because it is not going to go down.Straight4ward wrote:Hmm? Interesting.
The much heralded opposition still seem to find a place for them.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Ah back then though we had some weird residentsStraight4ward wrote:I thought you were made of sterner stuff in that part of the world, TBT.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
No! We used to do that before it became parcelforce, it worked, so it had to go.fishtank wrote:Another possible solution would be to restructure the business and remove the packets and tracked items from RML entirely.
Turn all of the large items over to a courier structured business like Parcelforce and leave Posties delivering letters and small packets only.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
I remember too DV.dvbuk55 wrote:No! We used to do that before it became parcelforce, it worked, so it had to go.fishtank wrote:Another possible solution would be to restructure the business and remove the packets and tracked items from RML entirely.
Turn all of the large items over to a courier structured business like Parcelforce and leave Posties delivering letters and small packets only.
Parcelforce has always puzzled me to be honest.
I know they do a lot of business to business work but the actual parcel delivery side seems a bit strange when you think about it.
Why are we struggling with large packets in small vans and why are they turning up at my door with a shoe box sized item?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
I'm with you on that ft. Sometimes a parcel for the van takes up a whole yorkfishtank wrote:I remember too DV.dvbuk55 wrote:No! We used to do that before it became parcelforce, it worked, so it had to go.fishtank wrote:Another possible solution would be to restructure the business and remove the packets and tracked items from RML entirely.
Turn all of the large items over to a courier structured business like Parcelforce and leave Posties delivering letters and small packets only.![]()
Parcelforce has always puzzled me to be honest.
I know they do a lot of business to business work but the actual parcel delivery side seems a bit strange when you think about it.
Why are we struggling with large packets in small vans and why are they turning up at my door with a shoe box sized item?
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Moya's on to it apparentlyfishtank wrote:Another possible solution would be to restructure the business and remove the packets and tracked items from RML entirely.
Turn all of the large items over to a courier structured business like Parcelforce and leave Posties delivering letters and small packets only.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Oh what ! you deliver to Coronation StreetTrueBlueTerrier wrote:fishtank wrote:OnAFlyer wrote:Pushbikes are totally outdated and inadequate for the job we do now.![]()
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Can't use the little park and fail trolleys on my new round. The entire delivery is blocks of flats, ranging from small two storey ones to bloody great big tower blocks. Manager said we can't leave the trolley unattended so we don't use them, so much for this revision taking the weight of our shoulders.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
I may be wrong but I'm sure after the revision the pouch weight should not exceed 11kg.Caniel wrote:Can't use the little park and fail trolleys on my new round. The entire delivery is blocks of flats, ranging from small two storey ones to bloody great big tower blocks. Manager said we can't leave the trolley unattended so we don't use them, so much for this revision taking the weight of our shoulders.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
So far the heaviest pouch we have had was 12kg I reckon. Even then that was likely due to it being choc full of D2Ds.dvbuk55 wrote:I may be wrong but I'm sure after the revision the pouch weight should not exceed 11kg.Caniel wrote:Can't use the little park and fail trolleys on my new round. The entire delivery is blocks of flats, ranging from small two storey ones to bloody great big tower blocks. Manager said we can't leave the trolley unattended so we don't use them, so much for this revision taking the weight of our shoulders.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
In the old days when time was of the essence I, like many others, would carry a pouch more than twice that weight - it was said I once fell down carrying 6 pouches rushing to load the car at 7ish, hoping to be home by 11, which wasn't true, I had carried them to the car but was rushing to get a bacon butty when I fell....................... times long gone unfortunately............when we had a successful delivery service making huge profits.Caniel wrote:So far the heaviest pouch we have had was 12kg I reckon. Even then that was likely due to it being choc full of D2Ds.dvbuk55 wrote:I may be wrong but I'm sure after the revision the pouch weight should not exceed 11kg.Caniel wrote:Can't use the little park and fail trolleys on my new round. The entire delivery is blocks of flats, ranging from small two storey ones to bloody great big tower blocks. Manager said we can't leave the trolley unattended so we don't use them, so much for this revision taking the weight of our shoulders.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
So with Park and Loop do you put the trolley in the van? I thought they were two different delivery methods.
I was looking forward to getting a van, but I'm not looking forward to pushing trollies up the hills that the town I deliver to is built on.
I can barley walk up with 8Kg in my bag never mind push a trolley.
I was looking forward to getting a van, but I'm not looking forward to pushing trollies up the hills that the town I deliver to is built on.
I can barley walk up with 8Kg in my bag never mind push a trolley.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Yes, with P&L you put the LW trollies in the van.NewPostieUK wrote:So with Park and Loop do you put the trolley in the van? I thought they were two different delivery methods.
I was looking forward to getting a van, but I'm not looking forward to pushing trollies up the hills that the town I deliver to is built on.
I can barley walk up with 8Kg in my bag never mind push a trolley.
You may be better off cutting the bag weights right down and carrying a bag though, rather than struggling to push/pull a heavy trolley up hills.
We deliver to quite a few blocks of flats so don't use the trollies (we've never been trained on them anyway) but I haven't had more than 3 bundles in a bag yet since starting P&L. On heavy days we just split the loops down some more. It does make the job easier, I remember 10-12 years ago stuffing my whole delivery into one bag on Saturdays so I didnt have to wait for the driver, the bag must have been 22/23kg easily. F*ck that now.
I don't think there are any more issues with carrying a light bag than there are pulling a trolley with 2 bags loaded onto it. I actually prefer the job since P&L came in, having a mobile pouch box is excellent.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: if RM are serious about us using L/W trolleys
Yep - but I don't think I made that good an impression on Blanche http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catEhS8k_BU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;krussel wrote:
Oh what ! you deliver to Coronation Street
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.