ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will we get bonus this year ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8949
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: Will we get bonus this year ?

Post by blue1873 »

Straight4ward wrote:
fishtank wrote:Why doesn't Royal Mail announce the pay rise now before the announcement on state aid?
Surely if you wanted to avoid the attack that would be a sensible way of dampening at least some of the fire.
It's hardly a state secret anyway.
Unless of course the 3.5% is reliant on receiving state aid.
I don’t think RM want to avoid the furore that will accompany the announcement. They want the public turned against us.
That way there will be little opposition to their privatisation plans - - -
- - - or am I just being cynical?

In a word NO
youwot!!!!!
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
Gender: Male
Location: oop north

Re: Will we get bonus this year ?

Post by youwot!!!!! »

Straight4ward wrote:
fishtank wrote:Why doesn't Royal Mail announce the pay rise now before the announcement on state aid?
Surely if you wanted to avoid the attack that would be a sensible way of dampening at least some of the fire.
It's hardly a state secret anyway.
Unless of course the 3.5% is reliant on receiving state aid.
I don’t think RM want to avoid the furore that will accompany the announcement. They want the public turned against us.
That way there will be little opposition to their privatisation plans - - -
- - - or am I just being cynical?

being cynical doesn't make you wrong.
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Will we get bonus this year ?

Post by Indy »

Straight4ward wrote:
fishtank wrote:Why doesn't Royal Mail announce the pay rise now before the announcement on state aid?
Surely if you wanted to avoid the attack that would be a sensible way of dampening at least some of the fire.
It's hardly a state secret anyway.
Unless of course the 3.5% is reliant on receiving state aid.
I don’t think RM want to avoid the furore that will accompany the announcement. They want the public turned against us.
That way there will be little opposition to their privatisation plans - - -
- - - or am I just being cynical?
History shows that dangling wonga in posties faces gets them to temporarily forget the shite deal there signing up to :crazy: hence its my contention that RM will magically find £1000 for colleague share the second they need to ram through Privatisation. :no no

Think Homer Simpson and donuts :left:
dansmell
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 16:16
Gender: Male

Re: Will we get bonus this year ?

Post by dansmell »

Im a postie in ********** and we are still awaiting our revision money, Managers dont know f**k all and the whole place has gone to pot.

Some people are delivering at 6pm at night because they f****d up the deliveries AGAIN, People are being threatened with suspension/Sack for working to time, Infact 2 people from ****** have been sacked and publicy blamed for late mail which was printed in the local newspaper and we have a nice reminder of this everyday as the newspaper clipping is currently on the wall at the depo.

Even the hard core posties that used to do all the overtime are dropping like flies.

I understand that things have to change and that we have to be more productive but they are flogging us to death and the service is now shite and nearly every
postie you speak to now hates his job. I know I cannot carry on like this for much longer and am activly looking for a new job but I know it will be a long time before I escape. :(