ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how many dismissals!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how many dismissals!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

What sort of thing can a part-timer do that gets a full-timer suspended?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: how many dismissals!!

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:What sort of thing can a part-timer do that gets a full-timer suspended?
I think what he means is that a full-timer is a far more prized target for dismissal and as such may find themselves being conducted for something that would be ignored if done by a part-timer.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how many dismissals!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

I know what he means - I am just interested in what the infractions are and whether they merited suspension.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: how many dismissals!!

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:I know what he means.
Apologies.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
the flying postman
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 11:14
Gender: Male

Re: how many dismissals!!

Post by the flying postman »

Ok, part timer leaves keys in the van still running, van gets stolen and the police are involved not even suspended. Full timer bumps van, both him and his partner have been suspended. That's just one example.