the N244 application to set aside the ccj takes precedance
if the application was submitted to set aside prior to the visit from the HCEO and acknowledged. THEN the money will need to be returned to you as thier action is in effect unlawful as a STAY was put on the case pending directions from the district judge
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
-
keithposty
- Posts: 918
- Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 11:44
- Gender: Male
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
they would also send a officer round to tell you of further procedings against you if no contact is made by post but yes mail was late back then buy upto three weeks
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
That seems to be a lot of paperwork gone missing in the post! Was there any indication of other mail not reaching you - christmas cards, advertising mail etc?
I once had a customer who stated they received all their mail except the bills for some considerable time, when we had paper bills of course - I took to having a manager initial the bills as I delivered them. They stopped complaining.
I once had a customer who stated they received all their mail except the bills for some considerable time, when we had paper bills of course - I took to having a manager initial the bills as I delivered them. They stopped complaining.
-
postman1979
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 19:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
As far as the the courts are concerned proof of postage by whatever means is proof of delivery. They assume it was delivered fourteen days after posting. All that is needed is a statement form a court employee that they posted a letter to a address on a certain date and that is considered as proof of postage.clashcityrocker wrote:Would a CCJ not have to be sent by a tracked method - i.e Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery?
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
What strikes me as I read this sad tale is that our court system must be stuck in a time tunnel, to still rely on paper communications in the 21st century. I know, as someone whose livelihood depends on volumes of mail being as high as possible, that I should maybe not say this, but when it comes to important legal papers involving significant amounts of money, why are courts not notifying people electronically (by email) AS WELL AS by traditional post ??postman1979 wrote:As far as the the courts are concerned proof of postage by whatever means is proof of delivery. They assume it was delivered fourteen days after posting. All that is needed is a statement form a court employee that they posted a letter to a address on a certain date and that is considered as proof of postage.clashcityrocker wrote:Would a CCJ not have to be sent by a tracked method - i.e Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery?
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
jem jubs has gone quiet now they realise they cant blame the poor postie for something which they have been ignorant to there would have been quite a bit of correspondence under these circumstances not just ONE letter
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
Dont forget that a lot of mail we deliver , bills, bank statements come via other mail firms before we get them.
I had a woman comlpain to me she hasn't had anything from tesco clubcard and vouchers and they think RM see the delivery from start to finish
I had a woman comlpain to me she hasn't had anything from tesco clubcard and vouchers and they think RM see the delivery from start to finish
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
should be in customer forum
-
Jemjubs
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 11 Mar 2012, 08:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
Thanks for your help to date..
Going to try this again.....
Does anyone remember the chaos caused by the weather in December 2010?
Can anyone steer me to where I can find statistics on mail going missing?
Does anyone specifically know what sort of backlog the Tonbridge sorting office had during this period? It has been bought to my attention that mail delays of two weeks were typical and in some cases up to six weeks.
I would trust my postman with my life..... and my wife
So I know he is not the weak link in the mail not arriving
Going to try this again.....
Does anyone remember the chaos caused by the weather in December 2010?
Can anyone steer me to where I can find statistics on mail going missing?
Does anyone specifically know what sort of backlog the Tonbridge sorting office had during this period? It has been bought to my attention that mail delays of two weeks were typical and in some cases up to six weeks.
I would trust my postman with my life..... and my wife
So I know he is not the weak link in the mail not arriving
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Help Needed Please......Missing Post Dec 2010
Don't think there's any possibility of tracing untracked mail from that or any other period and proof of delivery or not is not going to be possible.Jemjubs wrote:Thanks for your help to date..
Going to try this again.....
Does anyone remember the chaos caused by the weather in December 2010?
Can anyone steer me to where I can find statistics on mail going missing?
Does anyone specifically know what sort of backlog the Tonbridge sorting office had during this period? It has been bought to my attention that mail delays of two weeks were typical and in some cases up to six weeks.
I would trust my postman with my life..... and my wife
So I know he is not the weak link in the mail not arriving