ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Part-time UK

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Part-time UK

Post by DirtyHarry »

banner18 wrote:and it means there are more jobs overall, so less on welfare
Again, mate.....many thanks. :Applause

Smack is a hateful, harmful drug. Thanks to your selfless public service, we can all see how your brain, what's left of it, is addled beyond repair.
If I could, I'd have you as the star turn in a "SAY NO TO CRACK/SMACK" campaign.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Part-time UK

Post by arnold cheshire »

banner18 wrote:and it means there are more jobs overall, so less on welfare
but loads on tax credits and housing benefit etc
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Part-time UK

Post by banner18 »

Lets make it clear how far I am from combat 18 with this sentiment.

It is the economy and all it's little sub units in their desperate and blind drive for more and more wealth that is ruining the planet and will probably drive us and most other animals to extinction. We talk about poor, but don't have a clue how far from true poverty we are. I'm not against working for a living, I'm just saying we should put the brakes on a bit so that the average man can enjoy more time to spend with his/her children and bring them up better, which is a noble cause. Working yourself to death so that you can live in a house twice as big as you actually need and at the same time boosting corporate profits is madness. You are playing somebody else's game.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Part-time UK

Post by BELIAL »

banner18 wrote:Lets make it clear how far I am from combat 18 with this sentiment.

It is the economy and all it's little sub units in their desperate and blind drive for more and more wealth that is ruining the planet and will probably drive us and most other animals to extinction. We talk about poor, but don't have a clue how far from true poverty we are. I'm not against working for a living, I'm just saying we should put the brakes on a bit so that the average man can enjoy more time to spend with his/her children and bring them up better, which is a noble cause. Working yourself to death so that you can live in a house twice as big as you actually need and at the same time boosting corporate profits is madness. You are playing somebody else's game.
:Applause :Applause Trouble is you f****d up that post about "means less on welfare" and came across as a complete right wing exploiter ,tis a sensitive medium and it's all in a phrase. Then again if you can't afford a roof of your own or you have to choose between cold and hungry I would suggest you are experiencing true poverty :angel
Bye
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Part-time UK

Post by banner18 »

banner18 wrote:and it means there are more jobs overall, so less on welfare


ok then, I meant if there are less full time jobs and instead a greater number of part time jobs such that those who aren't working have a greater number of jobs available to them. This will reduce the welfare bill and drive the economy better. That is what I meant by the above statement.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Part-time UK

Post by fishtank »

banner18 wrote: ok then, I meant if there are less full time jobs there will be a greater number of part time jobs such that those who aren't working have a greater number of jobs available to them.

I don't think that really works in practice.
It certainly hasn't in RM.
It just means that more people have to work more OT in order to take home a wage they can live on.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Part-time UK

Post by Stormproof »

The changes in retirement age is going to have a massive effect on job vacancies. Its a lose lose situation. The country has nothing to export anymore and all home grown firms have been bought up by the rest of the world. In other words ' We're f****d!'
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Sliders
Posts: 184
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 16:56
Gender: Male

Re: Part-time UK

Post by Sliders »

Come on everyone, banner18 is just stating his opinions, there is no need to excessively take the p**s; or banner18 will be onto the bullying and harassment hotline. :whistle
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Part-time UK

Post by banner18 »

fishtank wrote:
banner18 wrote: ok then, I meant if there are less full time jobs there will be a greater number of part time jobs such that those who aren't working have a greater number of jobs available to them.

I don't think that really works in practice.
It certainly hasn't in RM.
It just means that more people have to work more OT in order to take home a wage they can live on.
If nobody did ot, how many more jobs would become available in RM? I get that you think people need more and more money. I live on a modest amount and refuse to play their game.
Remember:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Part-time UK

Post by REDLETTER »

Stop moaning about who's going to pay for what whether part time or full time. You work - pay taxes - then you die.

We will all be pushing up daisies before we can enjoy any retirement. Haven't seen any gravestones with "Hard Working Postie - Loved by Royal Mail" It is those close to you that enscribe the stones!

So if you want to work you b*llocks off and have you 2 weeks in the sun, fine

If you want to have quality time with your family go part time!

If you do just remember Royal Mail aren't here to hold your hand, they exist to rip it off! :evil/mad

Time for my medication!!! :wink: