ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
In my office we have all decided to work our hours, take meal breaks, do no ot, when we have a revision, management would like the duties done with ot, rather then cut off as it would mean failing. We will not be bullied into slogging our hearts out, for their bonuses
All employees should stand united at this time, but people don't docket chasers it makes me sick,cos they will loose many jobs.

-
Sickofit
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 02 Mar 2012, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
Justdeno I'm moving to your office
I keep telling people if you all did it how it's meant to be done we would infact make more jobs and the temps would have their contracts extended
I keep telling people if you all did it how it's meant to be done we would infact make more jobs and the temps would have their contracts extended
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
If it lasts more than a week, let us know.justdeno wrote:In my office we have all decided to work our hours, take meal breaks, do no ot, when we have a revision, management would like the duties done with ot, rather then cut off as it would mean failing. We will not be bullied into slogging our hearts out, for their bonuses![]()
All employees should stand united at this time, but people don't docket chasers it makes me sick,cos they will loose many jobs.
![]()
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
No we wouldn't, and no they wouldn't.Sickofit wrote:Justdeno I'm moving to your office![]()
I keep telling people if you all did it how it's meant to be done we would infact make more jobs and the temps would have their contracts extended
RM is losing a fortune, that's why all the cuts are happening. You really think if we all dragged our feet until finish time every day that no walks would be extended and no jobs would be cut? I keep reading that on here and it makes me laugh because it's totally wrong.
You're living in a dream world, just take the money every week and get home as quick as you can.
-
Sliders
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 16:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
OnAFlyer wrote:No we wouldn't, and no they wouldn't.Sickofit wrote:Justdeno I'm moving to your office![]()
I keep telling people if you all did it how it's meant to be done we would infact make more jobs and the temps would have their contracts extended
RM is losing a fortune, that's why all the cuts are happening. You really think if we all dragged our feet until finish time every day that no walks would be extended and no jobs would be cut? I keep reading that on here and it makes me laugh because it's totally wrong.
You're living in a dream world, just take the money every week and get home as quick as you can.
We are being made to work to the minimum of our contracted ours anyway in our DO no matter how early you finish the duty. So post revision there is no get home as quick as you can, at least not at my DO, so I figure you might as well be out on duty until your contracted hours are up, and if you have to cut off, then let the managers worry about the remaining mail, after all that's what they get payed for, whereas I get payed to work for RM for 22 hours a week only not more and not less.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
OnAFlyer wrote: You really think if we all dragged our feet until finish time every day that no walks would be extended and no jobs would be cut? I keep reading that on here and it makes me laugh because it's totally wrong.
I don't remember anyone mentioning dragging our feet.
Why is that every flyer's default position,if you aren't running you're taking the piss?
I never drag my feet,i never take the piss and i've never been accused of either.
I'm just not stupid enough to believe that doing 8hrs work in 7hrs won't eventually result in having to do 9hrs work in 8hrs and i'm not naive enough to believe that having to do 9hrs work in 8hrs will stop the flyer's flying or won't result in even more job losses.
Nobody thinks that Royal Mail will suddenly start investing more hours but that doesn't mean we have to make it easy for them to strip even more out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Sickofit
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 02 Mar 2012, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
fishtank wrote:OnAFlyer wrote: You really think if we all dragged our feet until finish time every day that no walks would be extended and no jobs would be cut? I keep reading that on here and it makes me laugh because it's totally wrong.
I don't remember anyone mentioning dragging our feet.
Why is that every flyer's default position,if you aren't running you're taking the piss?
I never drag my feet,i never take the piss and i've never been accused of either.
I'm just not stupid enough to believe that doing 8hrs work in 7hrs won't eventually result in having to do 9hrs work in 8hrs and i'm not naive enough to believe that having to do 9hrs work in 8hrs will stop the flyer's flying or won't result in even more job losses.
Nobody thinks that Royal Mail will suddenly start investing more hours but that doesn't mean we have to make it easy for them to strip even more out.
Well Said fishtank
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
Something is very wrong there unless the guy started at 2pm. If not that duty needs looking at on a H&S issue.Sliders wrote:one guy in my office did not finish until 8.30 pm !! last week on a HCT
It may seem that way but normally they have to justify pressure overtime daily on their conference call.Sliders wrote:that as long as their are people who will go over by one, two, etc etc hours to complete those rounds then RM don't give a stuff
I ve no problem with people going over their time on a heavy duty and claiming OT as there are always those that really need the extra. However i do have a problem with the ones who start an hour early and use there cars.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
Your deliveries must be easy if you can do 2 hours i.p.s most days!bringon4dayweeks wrote:30 mins on the ips in our office they will be on the ips for 2 hrs most daysBahia Feliz wrote:I come in on time (6.15) rural delivery do d2d's till 6.30,prep till 6.45 go ips sorting till 7.15 prep again,have 20 mins meal relief before i go out,it's great man!!
And book over when required!
-
foodforthought
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
how is starting early working efficiently?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Only rural doing job how it's meant to be done
why ?Bahia Feliz wrote:Your deliveries must be easy if you can do 2 hours i.p.s most days!bringon4dayweeks wrote:30 mins on the ips in our office they will be on the ips for 2 hrs most daysBahia Feliz wrote:I come in on time (6.15) rural delivery do d2d's till 6.30,prep till 6.45 go ips sorting till 7.15 prep again,have 20 mins meal relief before i go out,it's great man!!
And book over when required!