yes i agree the customer has seen the chance for a free expensive itemkawoxux wrote:Sad thing is it probabaly was in the shed but the customer knows his stuff so is gunning for a refund or repalcement from the seller
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
stolen SD!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: stolen SD!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: stolen SD!
i thought it cost 50 pencethecompletepackage wrote:Stormproof wrote:Never
Also, there is a chance of creating revenue for RM by slipping packets/recordeds, as the customer could always get it redelivered to a Post Office as a Local Collect - costing a quid. That goes towards keeping us in work.
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: stolen SD!
Onee of our blokes did the the same thing but with a regular packet. He went and knocked the next day after a similar call to the DOM from the customer. Soon as he did that the packet mysteriously turned up. I'm not suggesting your colleague does the same but I bet he sure feels like it. Anyway I hope it all works out for him and I await the Smelly Lady's considered and balanced input.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: stolen SD!
Local Collect™ for youbringon4dayweeks wrote:i thought it cost 50 pencethecompletepackage wrote:Stormproof wrote:Never
Also, there is a chance of creating revenue for RM by slipping packets/recordeds, as the customer could always get it redelivered to a Post Office as a Local Collect - costing a quid. That goes towards keeping us in work.
If you are out and miss a parcel delivery, you can collect it from any participating Post Office® branch. Simply call the number on the card left by Royal Mail and choose when to collect your item. This must be at least 24 hours later and after midday. The charge is just £1.50 (inc VAT) which you pay when you collect your item.
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/letters-par ... al-collect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Re: stolen SD!
When i first started, i left a package around the back in a covered BBQ. I thought i was doing them a favour but they phoned up and complained. Of course i got a bollocking of the dim but it was a lesson learned and even now when customers ask me to leave any packets, i refuse and say I'm not allowed.
I just can't believe anybody would be that stupid to leave a Special
When we started this p&l crap we were specifically told under no circumstances were we to leave a Special, it being a conduct code and dismissal if you did. So just bring all the stuff back!!
I just can't believe anybody would be that stupid to leave a Special
-
Sliders
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 16:56
- Gender: Male
Re: stolen SD!
Stormproof wrote: People have got to stop thinking about xmas tips!
Haha, if I only got any
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3378
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: stolen SD!
One of our guys out lapsing three years ago put an international register through a door without getting a signature. The resident contacted the MP and whoever was on the duty ended up having to write an apology to someone high up in RM. My attitude post-revision is to P739 anything and everything.
The machine stops.
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: stolen SD!
Being sacked is a horrible thing to happen to anyone,but he should be.If you fork out for a registered to be hand delivered and signed for on reciept, thats exactly what you should get. Your paying that premium so you dont have the worry of it going missing and Royal Mail will take SPECIAL care of it. You dont want it left in a shed and a postmans autoraph! 
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.