ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LWT and health
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: LWT and health
I used to carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my pocket for touching those letterboxes that you knew were on a dirty house. But I suppose those who did have a dirty house are the same ones who wouldn't pick up their dog mess anyhoo. Certainly wouldn't go without my gel though. And wouldn't eat anything before my hands had a good scrub!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
I don't work outside now but I still carry antiseptic wipes for my hands after sorting the mail and emptying the mailbags which often smell of cat pee. I would never eat without first cleaning my hands. It should be obligatory for RM to provide wipes for outdoor workers. When I worked in the electricity supply industry we were classed as "kerbside diners", our vehicles had small sinks, cookers for the kettle or frying pan and a container of clean water and a towel and soap. We had to go inside the houses of course and believe me some of the hovels had me literally heaving.mazza111 wrote:I used to carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my pocket for touching those letterboxes that you knew were on a dirty house. But I suppose those who did have a dirty house are the same ones who wouldn't pick up their dog mess anyhoo. Certainly wouldn't go without my gel though. And wouldn't eat anything before my hands had a good scrub!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: LWT and health
Some RM vans have me heaving there is some very dirty people working for RM.dvbuk55 wrote:I don't work outside now but I still carry antiseptic wipes for my hands after sorting the mail and emptying the mailbags which often smell of cat pee. I would never eat without first cleaning my hands. It should be obligatory for RM to provide wipes for outdoor workers. When I worked in the electricity supply industry we were classed as "kerbside diners", our vehicles had small sinks, cookers for the kettle or frying pan and a container of clean water and a towel and soap. We had to go inside the houses of course and believe me some of the hovels had me literally heaving.mazza111 wrote:I used to carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my pocket for touching those letterboxes that you knew were on a dirty house. But I suppose those who did have a dirty house are the same ones who wouldn't pick up their dog mess anyhoo. Certainly wouldn't go without my gel though. And wouldn't eat anything before my hands had a good scrub!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
Refuse to take it out until it is clean enough to use DB.DB1100 wrote:Some RM vans have me heaving there is some very dirty people working for RM.dvbuk55 wrote:I don't work outside now but I still carry antiseptic wipes for my hands after sorting the mail and emptying the mailbags which often smell of cat pee. I would never eat without first cleaning my hands. It should be obligatory for RM to provide wipes for outdoor workers. When I worked in the electricity supply industry we were classed as "kerbside diners", our vehicles had small sinks, cookers for the kettle or frying pan and a container of clean water and a towel and soap. We had to go inside the houses of course and believe me some of the hovels had me literally heaving.mazza111 wrote:I used to carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my pocket for touching those letterboxes that you knew were on a dirty house. But I suppose those who did have a dirty house are the same ones who wouldn't pick up their dog mess anyhoo. Certainly wouldn't go without my gel though. And wouldn't eat anything before my hands had a good scrub!
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: LWT and health
I agree totally dvb. Used to do a lot of indoor work myself, not just cat pee either, the fox smell. Eurgh!!!! I was one of the few indoors who wore gloves when I could get them, just to protect my pretty nails
But I used to go home absolutely filthy from the bags. It got so bad that nothing would take the stains out. Up to my arms was dotted with an oil like substance every day. Another thing that makes me glad I'm out of RM!!!!
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: LWT and health
Just to give u an idea of how dirty I got

And my usual nails :D


And my usual nails :D

-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
I'm tempted to say get down and dirty mazza after seeing the state of your shirt. That's much worse than I've had. Nice nails and jewellery though. Are you working somewhere else now?
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: LWT and health
Nah! Knees, hip, hands are all too fked to work atm, plus trapped nerves in spine. Blah if i was a dog they would just shoot me!
None of the men doing that job ever got as dirty as me either, think it's to do with upper body strength. You guys can use your arms, use wimminz tend to use the whole body. That's my theory anyhoo, probably way off course :D
None of the men doing that job ever got as dirty as me either, think it's to do with upper body strength. You guys can use your arms, use wimminz tend to use the whole body. That's my theory anyhoo, probably way off course :D
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
Thats true pal, coz I never get the bags anywhere near my clothes. Not only because they're filthy but they often smell of damp...........though I must admit they're cleaner than the old mail bags because they dont hold the dust the same.mazza111 wrote:Nah! Knees, hip, hands are all too fked to work atm, plus trapped nerves in spine. Blah if i was a dog they would just shoot me!
None of the men doing that job ever got as dirty as me either, think it's to do with upper body strength. You guys can use your arms, use wimminz tend to use the whole body. That's my theory anyhoo, probably way off course :D
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
Any chance we could double check whether the boots got dirty as well.

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LWT and health
The boots never got dirty I kept them in the boot in the box and did the delivery in bare feet...............we aren't cissies up north.POSTMAN wrote:Any chance we could double check whether the boots got dirty as well.![]()
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: LWT and health
Yes I should do,we've got one ignorant sod that still smokes like a chimney in the vans.dvbuk55 wrote:Refuse to take it out until it is clean enough to use DB.DB1100 wrote:Some RM vans have me heaving there is some very dirty people working for RM.dvbuk55 wrote:I don't work outside now but I still carry antiseptic wipes for my hands after sorting the mail and emptying the mailbags which often smell of cat pee. I would never eat without first cleaning my hands. It should be obligatory for RM to provide wipes for outdoor workers. When I worked in the electricity supply industry we were classed as "kerbside diners", our vehicles had small sinks, cookers for the kettle or frying pan and a container of clean water and a towel and soap. We had to go inside the houses of course and believe me some of the hovels had me literally heaving.mazza111 wrote:I used to carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my pocket for touching those letterboxes that you knew were on a dirty house. But I suppose those who did have a dirty house are the same ones who wouldn't pick up their dog mess anyhoo. Certainly wouldn't go without my gel though. And wouldn't eat anything before my hands had a good scrub!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: LWT and health
Never got my boots dirty, pity I can't wear them any more tho lolPOSTMAN wrote:Any chance we could double check whether the boots got dirty as well.![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: LWT and health
That is illegal - also anti social but now illegal - he can be stopped by the police and fined now.DB1100 wrote: Yes I should do,we've got one ignorant sod that still smokes like a chimney in the vans.
Smoking in smokefree premises or work vehicles: a fixed penalty notice of £50 (reduced to £30 if paid in 15 days) imposed on the person smoking. Or a maximum fine of £200 if prosecuted and convicted by a court.
and if the Manager has not put in No Smoking signs into the van he is also liable to get himself and Rm into trouble
Failure to display no-smoking signs: a fixed penalty notice of £200 (reduced to £150 if paid in 15 days) imposed on whoever manages or occupies the smokefree premises or vehicle. Or a maximum fine of £1000 if prosecuted and convicted by a court.
Failing to prevent smoking in a smokefree place: a maximum fine of £2500 imposed on whoever manages or controls the smokefree premises or vehicle if prosecuted and convicted by a court. There is no fixed penalty notice for this offence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.