ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missorts
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Missorts
Your not "allowed" any missorts - its not an allowance where you get so much for doing x amount.
However, just because your not allowed any missorts, it does not mean that you won't make mistakes, and that a decent manager (or even a bad one) should take that into account.
A few missorts is fine, as long as there is not a pattern. If there is it will be spotted.
However, just because your not allowed any missorts, it does not mean that you won't make mistakes, and that a decent manager (or even a bad one) should take that into account.
A few missorts is fine, as long as there is not a pattern. If there is it will be spotted.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 17 Feb 2012, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ooops should not shouldn't
Reason: Ooops should not shouldn't
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
Worse case scenario, what can they do? Wilful delay?TrueBlueTerrier wrote: a decent manager (or even a bad one) shouldn't take that into account.
If its genuine missorts rather than can't be arsed to climb the stairs to deliver 1 item then any appeal would throw out any DOM 'punishment'
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
The most common cause of any conduct case involving missorts is attempted dishonesty.Indy wrote:Worse case scenario, what can they do? Wilful delay?TrueBlueTerrier wrote: a decent manager (or even a bad one) shouldn't take that into account.![]()
If its genuine missorts rather than can't be arsed to climb the stairs to deliver 1 item then any appeal would throw out any DOM 'punishment'
Putting them in a box without endorsing them,re-introducing them to the IPS,taking them home and bringing them in the following day...missorting recorded deliveries is also a favourite.
If you're honest and follow procedure it's unlikely you'll face any charges.
What some members fail to realise is that they didn't invent these tricks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
Apart from the first one then fair enough. How would you endorse a missort? "Missort - 17/2/12" ?? I've always been told to deliver it which before our first revision was fair enough but now not sure I'd have the time.fishtank wrote:The most common cause of any conduct case involving missorts is attempted dishonesty.Indy wrote:Worse case scenario, what can they do? Wilful delay?TrueBlueTerrier wrote: a decent manager (or even a bad one) shouldn't take that into account.![]()
If its genuine missorts rather than can't be arsed to climb the stairs to deliver 1 item then any appeal would throw out any DOM 'punishment'
Putting them in a box without endorsing them,re-introducing them to the IPS,taking them home and bringing them in the following day...missorting recorded deliveries is also a favourite.
If you're honest and follow procedure it's unlikely you'll face any charges.
What some members fail to realise is that they didn't invent these tricks.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
Yes....it's that simple.Indy wrote:How would you endorse a missort? "Missort - 17/2/21" ?? .
What you should do as an office is seek some guidance from your management team.
If they insist on the policy of delivering all missorts ask for it to be planned into the duty time.
If they are happy with you bringing a reasonable number of missorts back ask them how they would like them endorsed.
Never re-introduce un-endorsed mail into the system...it will bring IB down on top of you before you can say "failed the police entrance exam".
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
If I have time left, I post missorts, whatever end of the delivery they're on.
If I don't have time, they go back.
If I don't have time, they go back.
-
thecyclingexpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
had one today that was basically on the wrong walk, and right across town. i don't drive the van, so back it went and onto the correct frame. anything wrong with that?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
You have to be careful here,what you have done is you've dumped a letter on some guys frame,if a screw happens to see it the last guy on the frame could get busted for leaving it there.thecyclingpostie wrote:had one today that was basically on the wrong walk, and right across town. i don't drive the van, so back it went and onto the correct frame. anything wrong with that?
What is best to do is,endorse it as a missort and put it in the IPS frame where the odds and sods/missorts go.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
I have one of my roads that takes up about half a row PLUS about 4 shots on the row below. The week before last I missed these 4 slots (God knows how!) but came back after my delivery to see the post still in the slots and despite a number of managers about the place nothing was said!POSTMAN wrote:You have to be careful here,what you have done is you've dumped a letter on some guys frame,if a screw happens to see it the last guy on the frame could get busted for leaving it there.thecyclingpostie wrote:had one today that was basically on the wrong walk, and right across town. i don't drive the van, so back it went and onto the correct frame. anything wrong with that?
What is best to do is,endorse it as a missort and put it in the IPS frame where the odds and sods/missorts go.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Missorts
Depends on amount of frames and likelihood of retentions.Indy wrote:I have one of my roads that takes up about half a row PLUS about 4 shots on the row below. The week before last I missed these 4 slots (God knows how!) but came back after my delivery to see the post still in the slots and despite a number of managers about the place nothing was said!POSTMAN wrote:You have to be careful here,what you have done is you've dumped a letter on some guys frame,if a screw happens to see it the last guy on the frame could get busted for leaving it there.thecyclingpostie wrote:had one today that was basically on the wrong walk, and right across town. i don't drive the van, so back it went and onto the correct frame. anything wrong with that?
What is best to do is,endorse it as a missort and put it in the IPS frame where the odds and sods/missorts go.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
baleout
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
You have never had a missort for a town with a similar name with same street name ??!! Don't make me laugh !!
DGP1 wrote:How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.Pat Ostman wrote:Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts
I wouldn't say that it was common but it is possible. When sorting to my frame I don't particularly look at anything more than "15 Malvern Terrace" Now by me getting it I assume its for me and not say London, or Bristol or one of maybe 100 other places in the UK that also have a 15 Malvern Terrace. If you had to think about looking at the postcode etc then it'd take all day to sort to your frame. As for missorts for other walks 99.9% of the time for me its where 2 items have stuck together either involving a polybag OR a very thin item.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Missorts
Never prepped one into my frame, I tend to look at the post before so it kind of helps............seems to me that people aren't very good at reading if the missorts are that bad.baleout wrote:You have never had a missort for a town with a similar name with same street name ??!! Don't make me laugh !!
DGP1 wrote:How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.Pat Ostman wrote:Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Missorts
Never ONCE prepped a missort? If so, hats off to you as thats pretty impressive.DGP1 wrote:Never prepped one into my frame, I tend to look at the post before so it kind of helps............seems to me that people aren't very good at reading if the missorts are that bad.baleout wrote:You have never had a missort for a town with a similar name with same street name ??!! Don't make me laugh !!
DGP1 wrote:How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.Pat Ostman wrote:Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Missorts
How can you prep something for another duty, unless it's stuck to another piece of mail then there really is no excusePat Ostman wrote:Never ONCE prepped a missort? If so, hats off to you as thats pretty impressive.DGP1 wrote:Never prepped one into my frame, I tend to look at the post before so it kind of helps............seems to me that people aren't very good at reading if the missorts are that bad.baleout wrote:You have never had a missort for a town with a similar name with same street name ??!! Don't make me laugh !!
DGP1 wrote:How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.Pat Ostman wrote:Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio