Postal1 wrote:Our office is full of people coming in early and rushing around. we're having another p & l revision, our third one. Guess what came out?
Yep, another 10deliveries earmarked for going. Apparently another office is doing loads better than us. When will people learn
They will not change until RM management enforce their own rules, it's as simple as that.
Take away the carrot of job and knock,problem solved.
35-40 minutes early? That's nowt.
We've one numpty who comes in around 04:30. He's p/t. Our f/t duties don't even start till 07:00, I think he's officially an 08:00 starter. He's already pestering the phg for specials by the time most of us are starting work, I see him driving home at 11:30, there's ag's waiting for f/t jobs!
Is he insured to be working so far in front of his contracted hours?
4mph wrote:35-40 minutes early? That's nowt.
We've one numpty who comes in around 04:30. He's p/t. Our f/t duties don't even start till 07:00, I think he's officially an 08:00 starter. He's already pestering the phg for specials by the time most of us are starting work, I see him driving home at 11:30, there's ag's waiting for f/t jobs!
Is he insured to be working so far in front of his contracted hours?
How does he get into the building so early and who is supervising him??
eastie wrote:our office has a lot of staff coming in up to 30-45 mins early each day on P/L to get finished on time
Now it looks as though we are doing ok due to the false impression by these early starters.
So RM are cutting the hours for Part timers in our office ................. thanks a a lot.
These posties coming in early are cutting their own throuts, why come in early when they could come in at their normal start time and cut off or do O/T , absolute madness.
I think that's why they think they can get rid of 15 duties in our office because of this, and tbh its never going to stop until people are made to work to their times, I've seen full timers finishing an hour and a half early on most occasions. Cuts will continue to be made by royal mail because indoor work is being taken away by these selfish people.
it was good working on nights, i could never understand why people were arriving so early, unless they were bringing back yesterdays mail and wanted to sneak it in the frame before the managers got in.
why cant people just start on time, your work loads are too much, dont rush about.
pokos27 wrote:why cant people just start on time, your work loads are too much, dont rush about.
So they can finish early - it doesn't matter that they end up working more than their actual hours.
you work from 6 till 2-30 but people come in at 5 and finish at 1-30, must be the only job that gets away with doing this.
Also these runners always leave about 30 letters in their IS frame because they leave before the majority are finished sorting but nothing gets said.
These could be birthday cards
eastie wrote:you work from 6 till 2-30 but people come in at 5 and finish at 1-30, must be the only job that gets away with doing this.
Also these runners always leave about 30 letters in their IS frame because they leave before the majority are finished sorting but nothing gets said.
These could be birthday cards
Some are so far ahead they 'forget' that packets were still being sorted when they collected theirs and leave them behind.
Postman Plodd wrote:Here's the scenario at our place: i arrive 10 minutes before my start time and 90% of the rest of the office is already out of the door. I'm lucky if i'm away 45 mins later.
DITTO I even passed a docket king out delivering whilst I was en-route to work
I really do not understand why people come in early FOR FREE!!!! I sometimes come in earlier than my official starting time but I always, ALWAYS, claim the hours when I do. My official hours on one day might be from 08:30 - 14:30 but because the duty takes longer than what they allow I'll come in at 07:30 and finish around 14:30 rather than to the 15:30 it would take me to if I came in at the scheduled time. I always claim the hours - like EVERYONE in our office who comes in early.
Anyone who comes in early - or, indeed, does anything for RM - for free is a clown.
MentalVortex wrote:I really do not understand why people come in early FOR FREE!!!! I sometimes come in earlier than my official starting time but I always, ALWAYS, claim the hours when I do. My official hours on one day might be from 08:30 - 14:30 but because the duty takes longer than what they allow I'll come in at 07:30 and finish around 14:30 rather than to the 15:30 it would take me to if I came in at the scheduled time. I always claim the hours - like EVERYONE in our office who comes in early.
Anyone who comes in early - or, indeed, does anything for RM - for free is a clown.
there is enough around to fill Billy Smarts ...
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.