DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DGP1 wrote:Must be just my office then, bringing mail back will get you sacked
Depends here on who you are (oooooh contraversial!) Seriosusly most people would chuck the odd letter(s) back in a post box*. If anyone came back to the office with 'misrouted' mail within their time then they'd be sent back out with a warning that in future all missorts to be delivered if your within RM time. If not then you'd get counselling with regards not being fast enough as you'd having to 'cut-off' if you brought mail back.
*Its the people that post back half a bundle that get ib interested!
DGP1 wrote:bringing mail back will get you sacked (has happened) so I'll take the few minutes it takes to deliver all missorts (not that I have many).
Wrong walk? Can your office bring that back?
Wrong City? Where do you draw the line?
How bad are you at sorting, I can understand putting a letter for the drive into the road but not for another walk..............let alone another town/city.
DGP, I do not sort. Certain people who are throwing deliveries in care more about their own walks but not so much if they are not delivering the letters on another.
I have had all the above as mistakes.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
i do a delivery collection shift so i dont start till 10, my walk is prepped for me to completion every day but its usally any tom dick or harry doin it so i get my full share off missorts, had a postie with neerly over 35yeers in the door prep 1 day the worst we have in our office terrible, 33 missorts brought neerly all back nothing sed, thats the most ive had, probs a record lol, and had the idiot aprentice box the sequenced mail into the wrong street aswell brought that back, canny get the staff nowadays
My missorts story,i dined out on it for ages...
At my old do prepping a walk sorted bundle,baring in mind the postcode for this do and where i lived are miles apart and the postcode numbers nowhere similiar,i had a missort for my own house.
Think it was a bill as well.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1 wrote:Don't bring missorts back, you're supposed to deliver them
What if it's a redirection?
Fine if you know every single redirection on your duty, but as a reserve, I don't know ANY.
If there is other mail in the same name and you have time, fine, but I often find missorts from another duty, another town even, so rarely deliver them.
I was told by our rep that you are allowed 13 missorts per every 100 calls, any more and you can be conduct coded for bad work. Is this right? We never have time to go back as our DO is all rurals.
When I started, in prepping up at least, 2 missorted letters per hundred was the accepted norm, however, as always if you have time you still deliver them. Now, sadly, as other posters say,with any old person prepping up, you can have whole bundles of missorts---if anyone still has wtl sessions, these are the questions that should be raised in public as it were,
.