i believe a pre- op assessment is mandatory now
i was told it is mainly to do with a MRSA test as well as the normal tests
these outpatient appointments are done in the morning
ask your line manager where his comments are stated in the attendance procedure for confirmation
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hospital appointments
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Hospital appointments
Had a knee op last year, the pre op was mandarory for MRSA, etc, you must go, if you can't get the day off try swapping with a collegue like I did, but RM management should allow you to have the time off, appointments are hard enough to get, otherwise try for special leave, you made need this also for aftercare.
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Hospital appointments
Paid special leave is at discretion of manager though and doesn't sound like the kind to give it. Hope I'm wrong :/
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Hospital appointments
I think that RM should realise that we are only human, we do get ill, and that the NHS have only certain resourses, If only I was a robot,life would be better!!!!
. We could work 24 hrs a day, that would suit them. 