glenfiddich wrote:once an ib always an ib caught an old bloke trying my van doors a few years ago when i challenged him he told me he was a retired inspector i think they're a special breed
Ahh thats what He told You. Should have given Him a kicking, rang the Poilce and told them You prevented a break in to Your vehicle!
Don't you think it's a sick state of affairs when you can't do your job without being threatened,watched,bullied or intimidated by some hole licking idiot who thinks their above the Law
Be carefull about giving this guy a kicking,as its out in the Sreet,chances are you will be done for assault and be charged and possibly sacked.Law really sucks,as a few Years back yours truely caught a junky in my own kitchen nicking my own daughters Birthday money.Therefore i proceeded in rearranging his face for him on the spot.The following day i had a visit from the CID and had the book thrownat me.The outcome from that was,after showing me his photo of his injuries,was bruntly told told that if i had him charged for breaking and entry etc...then i will be charged for assault...etc.So this junky b------ got away scot free including my daughters money..... Does crime really pay?
I had IB follow me about 8 years ago, being a female, just called the police, informed manager he laughed, dont think the IB man found it funny. If you think you are being watched just call the police, you dont know who they are, next thing you may be attacked, then managment will give you a bollocking for not protecting the post.
seeker019 wrote:Don't you think it's a sick state of affairs when you can't do your job without being threatened,watched,bullied or intimidated by some hole licking idiot who thinks their above the Law
absolutely, ib should stick to catching theives not stalking innocent postmen/women, mishaps do happen now and again.
I think Ive had a run in with the IB but im not too sure..
Back in December I was doing evening packet deliveries in the vans for chrimbo, I remember being parked up trying to find a particular house number (it was dark) and I spotted a lady watching me in a car nearby with a high vis (orange) jacket on. As soon as I clocked her, she looked somewhat shocked and started the car and sped off.
Didnt think anything of it at the time (was only a few months into the job) but the more I heard about the IB the more I thought maybe she was one of em. Although it wouldnt make sense to wear a bright orange hi vis jacket if you are trying to stay on the down low So maybe my imagination is just being dramatic lol
i had two bright sparks watch me from a car, i reckon they were checking me out for the amount of o/t i was clocking up.(it was all kosher, a lot of it was due to piss poor prep and back tracking for missorts) They couldn't have been more obvious, as soon as i appeared near the car they hid behind newspapers. Spotted them again after i finished, parked right across the road from my house and again they pulled the awesome i'm-not-here newspaper stroke. Geniuses!
Last edited by Postman Plodd on 13 Feb 2012, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
I am 99% certain I was IB'd once as well. I had spotted a car on one of my roads, I knew it was not a regular residents as it was too clean and the wings matched the rest of the car. I went down a dead end that has a turn around area at the bottom and carried on delivering. As I was coming back out to carry on, a bloke in a dark suite spotted me stopped dead in his tracks, then went forward one pace, stopped again, then answered his mobile which I am certain was not ringing. 2 minutes later the car I had spotted went driving past me and the passenger was using the "hand over eyes, I am not looking at you" expression".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
What would happen if the ib were watching someone who suffered a mental illness such as paranoia. It could push them over the edge knowing and thinking they were being watched.
b75 wrote:What would happen if the ib were watching someone who suffered a mental illness such as paranoia. It could push them over the edge knowing and thinking they were being watched.
Do you think Adam was being followed by IB as well then?
(Oh the irony, I'm listening to Stand and Deliver at this exact moment!)