ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
To leave or not to leave ???
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
As you say only you can answer....... me ? ........ i'd toss a coin ..... heads stay tails go.... when it lands on either heads or tails see what you very first gut reaction is ? if its "s**t ive got to stay" or "s**t i've got to leave" then you will have your answer
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
You can't make a wrong decision in life because you don't get to see down the other path....leave or stay...it doesn't really matter just make the best of whatever you choose to do and don't look back.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
I had a few friends who went to Jaguar, some 15 years back when we were all made redundant by our last employer..... One has ended up as a senior manager, with an excellent salary and a nice company Jag to drive round in. Another one stayed on the shop floor..... They all love it...... wished I'd have gone with them..... Jaguar from their experience is a fair employer, there are prospects to better yourself as Bob found out (he was an ordinary mechanic at our last job), they value their employees and are only taking on because the brand is going from strength to strength...... No Brainer for me, if the terms and conditions fit I'd be goneTommase wrote:Full time perm with just over 6 years in. As you may have seen in the media Jaguar Landrover are recruiting and I have been offered a job, and I know only I can answer the above question but...... just wanted some input really
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
At the risk of being a doom-and-gloom merchant, the probability has to be that mail, as a method of communication, will continue to decline, which can only mean further job cuts in the future
The one area of growth that Royal Mail has, packets, is under attack from unfair competition and developments in buying habits. Instead of buying cds and books, people increasingly download mp3s and e-books (to devices like Kindle and Kobo readers). Even the buying/renting of dvds by post is coming under pressure from sites like NetFlix, as streaming to TV or PC grows in popularity. If you take a job at Jaguar and somewhere down the line you get made redundant, you would at least have skills you could take to another car-maker.
On balance, I'd say take the Jaguar job.
Donna Bunk,
Head of the Escape Committee.
On balance, I'd say take the Jaguar job.
Donna Bunk,
Head of the Escape Committee.
-
elstree
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
Tommase,
The option is always yours???
As some of the lads have said, we up the pros and cons, but I think you have already made up your mind.
Good luck
The option is always yours???
As some of the lads have said, we up the pros and cons, but I think you have already made up your mind.
Good luck
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
wandle wrote: Donna Bunk,
Head of the Escape Committee.
Wasn't that Squadron Leader Roger "Big X" Bartlett?
Was Donna Bunk his "Friday night name"?
I've heard that about those RAF boys.
Hiding fom tbt.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
fishtank wrote:wandle wrote: Donna Bunk,
Head of the Escape Committee.
Wasn't that Squadron Leader Roger "Big X" Bartlett?
Was Donna Bunk his "Friday night name"?
I've heard that about those RAF boys.![]()
Hiding fom tbt.
-
ilikepostmen
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 27 Mar 2011, 20:17
- Gender: Female
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
You will never know how much I envy you, mate.Tommase wrote:Full time perm with just over 6 years in. As you may have seen in the media Jaguar Landrover are recruiting and I have been offered a job, and I know only I can answer the above question but...... just wanted some input really
If I was you, I'd get out while I could.
Royal Mail is a God-awful employer that doesn't try to hide the fact,that it seems to hate it's own employees. It's on a downward spiral, and the future looks nothing but very bleak for the poor sods slaving away in it.
GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY, BARSTEWARD.
-
BillyPosty
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
I would say leave
-
Cliff Clavin
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:29
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
End of march for me, subject to checks/refs.
Will miss majority of colleagues, but game is well and truly f****d now :(
I'm sure it used to be good when it was a public service with no dsa, just seems to be a dread now.
Will miss majority of colleagues, but game is well and truly f****d now :(
I'm sure it used to be good when it was a public service with no dsa, just seems to be a dread now.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
In my opinion there are too many variables to make good advice possible. Six years is really not that long so you haven't invested a great deal of time and if you are in the pension fund you have the choice to leave it or invest it somewhere else. Now the real answer lies with you. We make decisions throughout our life, some good, some bad and some indifferent, the one thing that is sure there's no going back once committed.
-
protect us
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
I cannot (none of us can ) live your life for you or decide it !!! But if the new job looks it will last a while then LEAVE !!! This job sadly has had it now ! When I joined the way forward had just started but it should have been called the way backwards as ever since that's all we have done ! Good luck mate - dont worry too much , if things don't work out something else will and to be honest it will be no worse than this job is going - I was proud to be a postman (still am myself ) but sadly the company dont recognise or respect that ! - sad very very sad -
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
In real life Big X was actually Squadron Leader Roger Joyce Bushell (Bartlett was the name of the character played by Dickie Attenborough).dvbuk55 wrote:fishtank wrote:wandle wrote: Donna Bunk,
Head of the Escape Committee.
Wasn't that Squadron Leader Roger "Big X" Bartlett?
Was Donna Bunk his "Friday night name"?
I've heard that about those RAF boys.![]()
Hiding fom tbt.I've often wondered why they called him BIG X and why they were called brylcreem boys and.....was it really brylcreem
@ dvbuk Better than being called Pongoes - where the Army goes the pong goes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: To leave or not to leave ???
I'm not going to take the piss out of the real guy though teebs...he was murdered by the Gestapo FFS.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
In real life Big X was actually Squadron Leader Roger Joyce Bushell (Bartlett was the name of the character played by Dickie Attenborough).
Dickie Attenborough is a Chelsea fan...that makes him fair game.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share