ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Absorbing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Absorbing

Post by POSTMAN »

SexyLegs wrote:
fishtank wrote:
SexyLegs wrote:so why are DUTY TYPE A the only ones absorbing?

That's something only you guys could know or maybe your manager and rep.
We haven't a clue,it sounds strange but if you want to kick off it states clearly in the guiding principles for absorption that...• All staff involved on an equal and fair basis.
Where would I get a copy of these guidelines fish?
Pay and Modernisation Phase 3:Transforming the Way we Work...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=12462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
SexyLegs
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 393
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Absorbing

Post by SexyLegs »

Thanks Guys, superb as always :Very Happy
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Absorbing

Post by Cheetah »

I stand by the point i am trying to make Sexy legs..... In my opinion it is the unions job to defend members who are being asked to absorb unfairly i.e have no spare capacity within their paid hours. But it is the managements job to ensure everyone who has spare capacity in their paid hours does absorb....
If the union or members starts saying Joe has time to absorb, we are not only doing lazy managers work but also making the union un popular and it's doing a great job of that itself, and in fighting between members will result.....
I myself get frustrated as I have a large round in comparison to most in our D/O when people don't do their share and lapse, but I don't feel it's mine or the unions place to address the problem as it does exist, that's the managers job......
SexyLegs
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 393
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Absorbing

Post by SexyLegs »

That's a fair comment Cheetah, but I'm not going to continually be asked to absorb when the guidelines clearly state that all staff should be involved on an equal and fair basis, I don;t mind doing my share, but my personal view is, if 1 person has to absorb then everyone should, if there is spare time in their duty/day.

And as a future Rep I think it's the Reps job to ensure fairness and equality across the unit, and flag up any cases where that isn't the case, and being prepared to take to Stage 1 disagreement if necessary.

The Pay & Mod Agreement is a great read, various bits about covering for each other, maintaining a work life balance and other stuff, none of this is enforced at my DO, and I feel I should do something about it.

But you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, please respect my opinions and decisions also :Very Happy
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Absorbing

Post by Cheetah »

Fair comment mate, don't think I don't know where you are coming from because I do..... Everyone should do their share, if management also embraced the agreement there for one would be more opportunity for summer leave etc. Personally just wouldn't feel comfortable raising the issue (unless it were toadies :nana ) but I respect your views :Very Happy .....