I think its important to remember that the mail i.e. Royal Mail regardless of who owns it is a National Institution and there no way any Govt. is going to throw it to the wolves. Whoever takes over will be bound by a huge and detailed contract stipulating what they can and can't do and more importantly a minimum service level. I doubt any minister/govt. is going to want to be known as the ones that destroyed Royal Mail/UK postal service.doorstepped wrote:franchise's will only happen on the most money making walks ie: industrial estate's, high street walks etc.
Now thats not to say there won't be huge changes.... as has already been mentioned I think wages will stagnate to the point where we'll be on on very close to minimum wage. Those coming into the company will have significantly worse T&C's. I can't currently see another future for RM other than bleak for you average OPG.