ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
privatization
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: privatization
The only problem with franchising a route is the cost does go up plus just think of all the other things you can then charge for, collections, re-directions, re-deliveries, charging everybody for delivery (fuel surcharge), charging for putting mail through a letterbox, charging for knocking on a door.............I would have to look at my Ryan Air model 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: privatization
No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: privatization
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
Sorry i just wanted to post her picture again
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: privatization
That's ok, I've the picture saved on my hard drive.

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
The last time he only came out of the bog after they'd landed, it had to be explained to him that you can't join the mile high club on your own.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: privatization
Do Ryan Air planes have toiletsdvbuk55 wrote:The last time he only came out of the bog after they'd landed, it had to be explained to him that you can't join the mile high club on your own.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
Yep. The craps free you're only paying for the bag.DGP1 wrote:Do Ryan Air planes have toiletsdvbuk55 wrote:The last time he only came out of the bog after they'd landed, it had to be explained to him that you can't join the mile high club on your own.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
I thought you had to s**t in a bag and carry it off with you (for a small charge of course).
-
labbloke
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 05:11
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
TNT to be the likely buyers in my opinion and then an element of the Dutch housewives delivery model to be introduced.
A largish reduction in posties, some retained to sort and bundle up rounds and then deliver to local estates for self employed housewives etc to deliver,( no minimum wage, T and Cs, sick pay , holiday pay, pension etc)
Sounds impossible eh, but this is what TNT are now using when they have taken over other countries Mail services,
A largish reduction in posties, some retained to sort and bundle up rounds and then deliver to local estates for self employed housewives etc to deliver,( no minimum wage, T and Cs, sick pay , holiday pay, pension etc)
Sounds impossible eh, but this is what TNT are now using when they have taken over other countries Mail services,
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: privatization
DGP1 wrote:Do Ryan Air planes have toiletsdvbuk55 wrote:The last time he only came out of the bog after they'd landed, it had to be explained to him that you can't join the mile high club on your own.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
I thought you had to s**t in a bag and carry it off with you (for a small charge of course).
Thats fine if your name's Borat.
Opps the picture's reposted again
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
krussel wrote:DGP1 wrote:Do Ryan Air planes have toiletsdvbuk55 wrote:The last time he only came out of the bog after they'd landed, it had to be explained to him that you can't join the mile high club on your own.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air modelI thought you had to s**t in a bag and carry it off with you (for a small charge of course).
Thats fine if your name's Borat.
Opps the picture's reposted again
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: privatization
Actually although I think TNT may well pick over our bones a few years down the line, when the USO has all but disappeared, I don't think they are even thinking of taking us over lock stock and barrel.labbloke wrote:TNT to be the likely buyers in my opinion and then an element of the Dutch housewives delivery model to be introduced.
A largish reduction in posties, some retained to sort and bundle up rounds and then deliver to local estates for self employed housewives etc to deliver,( no minimum wage, T and Cs, sick pay , holiday pay, pension etc)
Sounds impossible eh, but this is what TNT are now using when they have taken over other countries Mail services,
I think it will be an asset stripping firm like CVC Capital http://www.cvc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who will then break it up either geographically, by function or a hybrid of the two. I can also see it being a franchise set up down to office level where an Umbrella company name is used, but other firms do the actual delivery work. Incidentally CVC showed an interest in us when Labour though about privatising us last time.
As to Duty level franchises I see this as a possibility, but completely opposite to what has previously been mentioned. I think that the profitable duties/offices will be taken over by various logistic/courier firms who then may sub franchise, but that would depend on profit levels, the better profit the less chance.
However, I really do think that rural and outlying duties may well be franchised to individuals (Australia do it to some degree), where the price per item will be higher, but the profit margins will be low. I think "white man van" companies would probably be seen as a good model, where they can deliver mail and parcels as the base for the business, and then do the traditional "white van" business after or during.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: privatization
Let say we have to buy our round, and who will give me the money to pay for it. and would I want to do this long term. Who will do it when I am on holiday. I mean how this will work. I mean if you take the work home and then what stopping you to deliver post 4 days a week instead of 6 to reduce cost or buy another walk to share with postman 2 and do 2 days each.
Sound like a recipe for trouble.
If I have to operate on my own I will want 600 pounds a week after tax.
Sound like a recipe for trouble.
If I have to operate on my own I will want 600 pounds a week after tax.
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
I can't see if her flaps are up or down in that picture, but then it is only a model, so perhaps she doesn't have any.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No she'd only slow you down even moreDGP1 wrote:I would have to look at my Ryan Air model
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
your new employer will simply say if you dont like it go somewhere else. you people better believe it.Darren Bent wrote:Let say we have to buy our round, and who will give me the money to pay for it. and would I want to do this long term. Who will do it when I am on holiday. I mean how this will work. I mean if you take the work home and then what stopping you to deliver post 4 days a week instead of 6 to reduce cost or buy another walk to share with postman 2 and do 2 days each.
Sound like a recipe for trouble.
If I have to operate on my own I will want 600 pounds a week after tax.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: privatization
Wow... never a truer word said! This quote should be posted to each and every DO and stuck on the wall in huge type.halfull wrote:i hope your right,but alot of you people have only worked for the royalmail since leaving school bless your hearts will have a mighty big shock when the government nolonger own the company & the people who do are driven by one thing! profits. at the moment the cwu at local level have a huge say what goes on in each office but if the business gets broke into different franchises this involvement at local level will fizzle out. anyone who has seen huge company's or even small ones get privatized will understand what happens,it wont be pretty & it wont take long which is even more worrying! i suppose we will just have to hope for the best!POSTMAN wrote:Half full,you shouldn't listen to your DOM,and the CWU will still be here after privatisation.![]()