ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
When does your fit note from your GP saying what you're fit to do run out?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by dvbuk55 »

phronsias wrote:Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
How many sessions have you had and have they been of any use? From experience I can say that it doesn't usually go beyond 6 weeks and after that the problem needs to be reassessed as physio isn't likely to cure it and surgery may be required. Get your Dr to assess your current status in light of the final physio session.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

TeeferTiger wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
When does your fit note from your GP saying what you're fit to do run out?

Hi
Two weeks from last Tuesday
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

dvbuk55 wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
How many sessions have you had and have they been of any use? From experience I can say that it doesn't usually go beyond 6 weeks and after that the problem needs to be reassessed as physio isn't likely to cure it and surgery may be required. Get your Dr to assess your current status in light of the final physio session.
Hi
Ive had three sessions in all.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I had my last physiotherapy session this afternoon, my dom refused to refer me to see an Atos GP on Tuesday and said she would go off the report from the physio, I told the physio the dom said on Tuesday that the repost will say I was fit to return to doing my walk, the physio said she was not qualifide to say if I was fit or not, that was up to a doctor and she went on to say I need more physiotherapy sessions and to go to my GP to be referred. You can bet my DOM will say I'm fit to do my walk on Monday, what can I do?
Thanks
P
When does your fit note from your GP saying what you're fit to do run out?

Hi
Two weeks from last Tuesday
So that's next Tuesday then?! (Don't confuse me! lol) Get back to your GP on Monday if you can, or at least get on the phone and get them to write another fit note stating what you're not fit for again and stating that further physio required. Once again, RM shouldn't go against GP advice. Even if you can't get in to see the GP on Monday, you should at least be able to get hold of the fit note to hand in on Tuesday.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
A week from next Tuesday , ends 31st Jan
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:Hi
A week from next Tuesday , ends 31st Jan
Plenty of time to get back t'GP then :Very Happy
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?