ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

did the harrington jacket ever have a removable fleece to use as a bodywarmer ?

yes
32
56%
no
25
44%
 
Total votes: 57

TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy I hated these jackets--never covered the bottom!
If nobody else says it ................................ :nervous
:chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by Godric »

the fleece waistcoat came with the harrington jacket i recieved one inside my harrington jacket everytime i ordered a harrington ... the biggest problem with the harrington jacket was the pockets always got ripped on gates
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by stokes11eg »

DGP1 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy I hated these jackets--never covered the bottom!
If nobody else says it ................................ :nervous
:Very Happy
BillyPosty
Posts: 237
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
Gender: Male

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by BillyPosty »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy PS If anyone still has an elmer hat ,and those stupid broad brimmed summer hats---please post a picture!
You mean like my trusty summer hat lol ?
P1070001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by stokes11eg »

Sime83 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy PS If anyone still has an elmer hat ,and those stupid broad brimmed summer hats---please post a picture!
You mean like my trusty summer hat lol ?
P1070001.jpg
:Very Happy Remember when the brim just took on a life of its own!
Jambomatt1874
Posts: 168
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
Gender: Male

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by Jambomatt1874 »

wish they would bring back the harrington, best bit of uniform ever
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by stokes11eg »

sgt,rock wrote:I had one of those Elmer hats, when I brought all my kit home and tried it on one of the kids took the hat off me and they threw it in the bin, said if I wore that they wouldn't be abl'e to show their faces in public.
:Very Happy LOL--I did try mine on, but it kept creeping up my head!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: did the harrington jacket have an inner removable fleece

Post by DGP1 »

sgt,rock wrote:I had one of those Elmer hats, when I brought all my kit home and tried it on one of the kids took the hat off me and they threw it in the bin, said if I wore that they wouldn't be abl'e to show their faces in public.
I'm too old to care about what I look like, if it keeps me warm then it going to be worn :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio