ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Different Walk every day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Different Walk every day

Post by spoodoo »

now and the still yeah. The worst bit is after the 2nd grievance was put in ,,part of the resolution was ,,,,any full time dutys that come up ill get put on it. Well three of my 5 duties i cover have been vacant and ive been overlooked for them all even though ive asked about them!
BillyPosty
Posts: 237
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
Gender: Male

Re: Different Walk every day

Post by BillyPosty »

new26 wrote:Ok, thanks for the advice everyone.

Like I said I'm sure its just laziness with the management. I don't mind being on a different one everyday, just as long as its one I've done before. I've done that many he must be able to find me one.

Why dont the managers keep a record of all the walks that each postie has done and try and keep them on the same ones? It would be better for the company as well as we would be getting done quicker so less overtime would have to be paid.
You're pretty much identical to me. Every day of every week I'm down as "spare" on the duty sheet, then get put on whatever he feels like the morning I come in. They don't remember what you've done before - sometimes I can be on a new walk and someone else can be on one I've done before but new to them. You can always ask to swap if that's the case. New starters in our place have been on the same walk for 4 months whereas I spent 6 weeks on the same walk then went spare which is a bit annoying.

I agree its a bit dis-heartening feeling like there's no place for you but stick at it, eventually you'll know all of the walks and it wont seem so bad.