ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by north london driver »

i am sure us drivers have a few stories to tell, but on my test
two of us in a high top with the instructor, :angel :Applause :whistle :Sick :pray pulled out of islington with
this new driver behind the wheel drove to bow east london, it must of been
nerves he hit the kerb 3 times,went through an amber/red traffic light,and nearly crushed
a cyclist. i tried not to laugh.
and he passed.
i drove back from east london got stuck in traffic took 1 1/2 hours to get back and like a mug passed.
but good luck in your tests.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
karchun wrote:Don't forget i'm only 18!

Its getting used to the size and length of the bigger vans ans trying not to clip the kerb with the rear wheel. Depends what your daily drive is but none of the vans are very fast.

Only 6 months driving, you did ok.
My wife says this :nervous
I'm guessing here DG but when she says getting used to the size and length I'm presuming she means small and smaller :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy The boys are back!!

You have to be so careful what you say on here these days :left: :d'oh!
We have been away too long................and so have your boys :nervous

I'm so getting locked into the naughty room again :chuckle :chuckle
Are we talking BAD BOYS here DG - I'll bet you watch Gok Wan too - just on the off chance you see somebody you know :chuckle
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by karchun »

Took me like almost 2 hours to complete - and yes when i got out to start driving it was complete darkness - the instructor was teaching us the basic outside vehicle checks eg the tyre depth 2mm etc and tbh i couldn't see jack ****! XD
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
karchun wrote:Don't forget i'm only 18!

Its getting used to the size and length of the bigger vans ans trying not to clip the kerb with the rear wheel. Depends what your daily drive is but none of the vans are very fast.

Only 6 months driving, you did ok.
My wife says this :nervous
I'm guessing here DG but when she says getting used to the size and length I'm presuming she means small and smaller :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy The boys are back!!

You have to be so careful what you say on here these days :left: :d'oh!
We have been away too long................and so have your boys :nervous

I'm so getting locked into the naughty room again :chuckle :chuckle
Are we talking BAD BOYS here DG - I'll bet you watch Gok Wan too - just on the off chance you see somebody you know :chuckle
:Very Happy Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy--but I'll excuse you!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by krussel »

stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
Hey stokesy you can't give these young chicks too much of a good thing you know - I mean remember when you were young, sneaking round the bike sheds for a quick one :wink: ...............Oh yes you did :angel
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
Hey stokesy you can't give these young chicks too much of a good thing you know - I mean remember when you were young, sneaking round the bike sheds for a quick one :wink: ...............Oh yes you did :angel
Yeah but we all had to give up smoking :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by stokes11eg »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
Hey stokesy you can't give these young chicks too much of a good thing you know - I mean remember when you were young, sneaking round the bike sheds for a quick one :wink: ...............Oh yes you did :angel
Yeah but we all had to give up smoking :nervous
:Very Happy LOL I wouldn't have dared sneaking behind the bike sheds--and as for a quick smoke--well, those of us who went to high school in the sixties-at least the females--had a quick puff in the girls loo--the one with the belching incinirator--designed to dispose of sanitary wear LOL it used to belch clouds of dirty black smoke! Those were the days--and the tuck shop up the road sold penny singles with a match! Gods sakes---we had to wear ankle socks until our
third year. then stockings were allowed!We also had seperate playgrounds!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
Hey stokesy you can't give these young chicks too much of a good thing you know - I mean remember when you were young, sneaking round the bike sheds for a quick one :wink: ...............Oh yes you did :angel
Yeah but we all had to give up smoking :nervous
:Very Happy LOL I wouldn't have dared sneaking behind the bike sheds--and as for a quick smoke--well, those of us who went to high school in the sixties-at least the females--had a quick puff in the girls loo--the one with the belching incinirator--designed to dispose of sanitary wear LOL it used to belch clouds of dirty black smoke! Those were the days--and the tuck shop up the road sold penny singles with a match! Gods sakes---we had to wear ankle socks until our
third year. then stockings were allowed!We also had seperate playgrounds!
Ummmmmmmmm stockings :oops: I gave up smoking when I was 58............and never felt worse!!!!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, at 65 you are hardly a boy
Oooohhh :shock:

That's BELOW THE BELT :nana
"There's still some life in the old dog yet, my word I do feel well" - from a well known song by Stanley Holloway. I was going out with a 17 year old but she was a little afraid the "physical activity" could prove fatal - but I said you have to be philosophical about these things and if she died she died :chuckle
:Very Happy Dream on DV! LOL-did you mean 71?
Hey stokesy you can't give these young chicks too much of a good thing you know - I mean remember when you were young, sneaking round the bike sheds for a quick one :wink: ...............Oh yes you did :angel
Yeah but we all had to give up smoking :nervous
:Very Happy LOL I wouldn't have dared sneaking behind the bike sheds--and as for a quick smoke--well, those of us who went to high school in the sixties-at least the females--had a quick puff in the girls loo--the one with the belching incinirator--designed to dispose of sanitary wear LOL it used to belch clouds of dirty black smoke! Those were the days--and the tuck shop up the road sold penny singles with a match! Gods sakes---we had to wear ankle socks until our
third year. then stockings were allowed!We also had seperate playgrounds!
Ummmmmmmmm stockings :oops: I gave up smoking when I was 58............and never felt worse!!!!
:crazy: Funnhy , but most people I konw who gave up smokong later in life, said the same!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy P.S i though the old Burberry raincoats would have been more up your street!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy P.S i though the old Burberry raincoats would have been more up your street!
:shock:
flasher.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: 3 minors for changeover driving assessment

Post by krussel »

stokes11eg wrote:We also had seperate playgrounds
Now where was the fun in that :shock:

How could us boys in our shorts pull the girls pigtails :dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........